Notices

Whats up?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whats up?

Seems as if not many folks want to chat. Is it because Im new and dont fit in or is it because I made someone angry, are there any freindly supportive users out there ? or am I in the wrong forum. I tried the social but it keeps rerouting me back here whats up? I probably should just give up forums altogether, its a lot of frustrating agravation.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

the link I gave should have dropped down to the social section of SR, swag - once it loaded. Apologies if not - it worked for me.

heres the specific links to the social groups
User-Created Social Groups - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

and to the Cafe forum
Café Central - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Sometimes folks are here for other more pressing reasons than just hanging out - don't take it personally

Try the chat room too
D
Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Hey Swag! Glad to meet you!

I read all your posts and I don't think you have said anything to offend anyone, so no worries there!

Just relax a bit -- this isn't quite as fast as talking to someone...

I'm guessing you're fairly new to forums and that sort of thing as well, and that is totally cool too. When someone answers you in riddles or if you don't understand something someone has told you just ask what was meant... sometimes I, in particular, forget that not everyone is a geek with 14 computers at home and 3 in their car :-D

Love the art you've posted, by the way... do you ever do art for tattoos?

-Goat
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have pressing reasons

I can make a list to fill this screen. Its just I am also addicted to talking and my regular site has banned me.
1. As I mentioned I just got out of treatment and all the hospital did was push AA down my throat and put me on lithium and after 2 weeks of that I flushed that crap down the toilet.

2. I have a severe dislike of AA because of its 80 year old beliefs and the pecking order that seems to revolve around every group I have been to and its constantly repeating quotes from that big book , geez come up with something new already! Im runnin on sheer will power at the moment.

3. I have been addicted to clonazapam a benzo similar to zanax but much more potent since 2004. At 4 mg a day they do squat for me except kill my seratonin but you just dont cold turkey a thing like that, I tried a few times and ended up in the er every time. ran out of space to type more.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

to goat

Im not new to forums just this one. Thanks for hearing me out and the feedback on my art , well lets just say I have ego issues with that women and my muscles, thanks for the compliment. Im very envious of tatoo artist but would not know the first thing about using tat guns etc and would not want to make mistakes on some persons body. Keep in touch.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Actually, you can type as much as you like--the lines scroll.

If you don't like AA, there are other recovery groups, like SMART, LifeRing, Secular Organization for Sobriety (SOS), etc. Most people seem to find some kind of support group/program helps more than trying to run on "sheer willpower".
Old 08-17-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't criticising you Swag - I was trying to suggest reasons why folks weren't chatty.

Your reasons for being here are as valid as anyone elses - and this is a site open to everyone, not just members of AA or NA.

It's the friendliest site I've ever been on - just roll with it, swag

D
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Man, swag, I can feel your stress in every word you type. You have been through, and are still going through some rough crap.

Nobody's been through exactly the same thing as you, but a lot of people here have been very close to where you are.

And everyone here wants to hear what you have to say, and we want to help you to get past all the crap, as best we can.

None of us is perfect, but we're all sorta in this fight together.

-Goat
Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome to SR swag.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This to Goat

I seen on your profile you rediscovered music , I need to reediscover art I used to do serious stuff, what you seen was my doodles in ink from my rehab. Im 50 so our music taste might differ some but I was heavy into the rock of the 70s thru the 90s mostly obscure stuff but rock , metal whatever just puts me into a partying mood ,now Im just a dry drunk trying to find my way back to the gym and to the drawing board. In the 80s I owned a really nice 73 cherry chrome sportster and run with a mc . those days are gone now and most those dudes are dead are in the state lockup.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Yeah, for me I had to get away from the alcohol for my brain to even think about music... While I was drinking I was doing little more than doodling as well. I'll bet you'll start remembering how to do all the cool art tricks you used to know how to do.

Plus, if you're painting you're not thinking about drinking, right?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Goat

When Im painting I go into the zone , mostly I do work with prisma color pencil. I have been known to have a few while painting only to f.... it all up or drink a few as I admire my finished work..that brings to mind something! Never occured to me till now, WOW it seems as if everytime I do something I reward myself , Ive done after a good session in the gym , many times , and after completing my job almost always, even after sex or rearanging the apartment. Man I need to do a deeper inventory of myself, I always blame my wife ,family , boss whatever but it goes deeper than that now that I think about it.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Swag!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

To anna

I remember you from when I first got on a while back, and thanks for the welcome. Can I ask were is Impurrfect?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by swag2 View Post
WOW it seems as if everytime I do something I reward myself
Yeah! I have done that a lot as well! After a while I started to think I could do all those things better WHILE drinking.... and then once I picked up the drink I'd just sit and drink and do nothing else :-/

I don't wanna do that anymore!

Now I reward myself by cranking the amps and making my ears bleed :-D

Does art itself ever feel like a reward to you?

-Goat
Old 08-17-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

goat

not lately but it once did before I started taking benzos now nothing feels good cuz the years of benzo and beer addiction have suppressed my seratonin and dopamine levels. btw I found a disk with 2 of my paintings in the background and uploaded them. damn I wish I still had a scanner I got a bunch of my pics in a box.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Yeah, I saw those, man, cool!

You can scan photos at walmart, but they don't do it for free... I think it's not too expensive, though. Might be a good idea to turn those photos into something more permanent anyway

-Goat
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You still around goat?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Swag.....this is a great site made up of all types and I am glad you are here!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey there Swag,

Welcome to the SR community :-)
Would love to see your artwork but can't seem to access it.

Cheers,

Almath