Notices

More fun when sober, whatta you know...

Old 08-16-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More fun when sober, whatta you know...

I went to lunch today with a friend I haven't seen for a few weeks and after we ate like pigs and had a few laughs, she surprised me by saying I was more fun to be around when I don't drink. I"ve never really talked with her about my drinking, so it caught me off guard that she would even know I had a problem.

Makes me wonder if there is anyone in my life that DIDN'T know, lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There may be. A long lost cousin that lives in another state?

Funny how sometimes people won't say things up front when your drinking.

Maybe it's the attitude change, happier looking face, twinkle in your eye, and even conversing with someone without slobering the words. Maybe they notice, "WOW" a completely different person without a drink in them.

Thanks for sharing. Worth reading, trust me.

Harry
Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you drank like me, I doubt it D LOL

D
Old 08-16-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah you!!!! Glad you had a fun lunch.

I just had the worlds best milkshake, at a small chain in fairfield county connecticut called Gofers...yum!!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I just had lunch with an old friend today, too, and had a great time. A few months ago, I wouldn't have even accepted the invitation, not knowing if I'd have a hangover or not.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i found that i am quite witty and boderline hysterical sober. I make myself laugh all the time sober. I think we don't realize it, but sometimes when intoxicated we are sloppy, loud and obnoxious. That can't be fun for the person standing next to you now, can it?
Old 08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A guy said to me once that he didn't know I drank until he saw me sober one day.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wow1323, "sloppy, loud and obnoxious" sums it up pretty good when drunk. Funny, when I was drunk, I thought I was hilarious, but I was probably more pathetic than funny, lol.

Harry, there may be some long, lost relative that doesn't know, but knowing the gossip that flows in my family, I doubt it, lol.

Dee, you sound just like me, lol.

LaFemme, now you've made me real mad, cuase we don't have a Gofers out here in CA that I know of, sounds like BK again tonight, lol. I wonder if there is a correlation between these shakes and my tight jeans, or if the water is shrinking them when I do laundry? I think it's the water, lol.

WTG Art on giving lunch a try sober, the food even tastes better, and I don't drool near as much, lol.

Frank, now I know you're just like me for sure, lol.

Seriously, when I accept myself today and just live life without my crutch, I feel and live much better. When I think of all the hollow laughs at the bar, over stuff like, "Hey, did you see so&so fall off his stool and smack his head, hahaha," then I realize just how twisted I was. Today, I didn't fall off my stool one time, lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have had experiences like that. It makes me cringe a little sometimes, but I know I need to hear it when I do.

Mark
Old 08-17-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wow1323 View Post
i found that i am quite witty and boderline hysterical sober. I make myself laugh all the time sober. I think we don't realize it, but sometimes when intoxicated we are sloppy, loud and obnoxious. That can't be fun for the person standing next to you now, can it?
Now THIS is a reality check...Thank YOU!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel so much better sober cause I now take excellent care of my dogs whereas before it was kind of hit or miss. And since I'm sober I can foster a dog for my rescue friend which makes her able to rescue more dogs than her small shelter will allow.

Living sober is just wonderful and I want to live this way the rest of my life!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My wife has said to me that I am funnier when not drunk. Strange how I thought the opposite when I was drinking (I thought I was hilarious) but I am actually witty and sharp when sober and usually shock people how funny I really am. When I drink I certainly am more comfortable around people but I become a bit of a communicationally challenged person in reality.....especially when the heavy drunkeness set in......even though you may think you sound fine....you sound drunk.