Notices

New Here

Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
CJ1

Hey BDT, the "booze nazi" advice is fantastic.

Had a hard night last night. My oldest daughter was quite upset that I couldn't still be with her mother. I had to drop her off in tears. So I was a mess. Of course that would normally have been a trigger to drink, but I ignored it. I can't say it was easy, but there was no way I am starting over. At the end of the night I spoke to her on the phone, and she was doing just fine. We are having a movie tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

This morning, I woke up fresh and happy. Day 7 is here. That's one whole week. I came to work, and my boss called me first thing and told me I got a raise. What a wonderful way to start the day.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

One week! Congrats! That's huge! Can't wait to get there myself.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
CJ1

Of course I may add that last night I walked directly to the closest convenience store and bought 2 snicker's bars, and drowned my sorrows in that chocolatey goodness. I may have a bit of a snickers hangover today, but I'm coping.

Normally I'm a health food fanatic. Yes even when I was drowning myself in alcohol I would make sure I had organic fruit and veggies, because you know you don't want those chemicals in you. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
Of course I may add that last night I walked directly to the closest convenience store and bought 2 snicker's bars, and drowned my sorrows in that chocolatey goodness. I may have a bit of a snickers hangover today, but I'm coping.

Normally I'm a health food fanatic. Yes even when I was drowning myself in alcohol I would make sure I had organic fruit and veggies, because you know you don't want those chemicals in you. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.
WOW! I was (is) the same way with my diet! No matter how much I drank, I always made sure I had enough veggies, and healthy chicken to eat. I exercise 3-4 days a week too. Today is day 1 for me and I already went to the store and got some chocolate! (I never eat chocolate) It was buy 2 get one free!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I'm a personal trainer and workout fanatic as well, and I always eat healthy, even when I was marinating myself with alcohol. My new addiction is diet soda. I never ever drank it before, but it sure has been helping me to stay awake and alert when I start dragging.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
CJ1

My chocolate bars were buy 2 for 1! I just couldn't pass up a bargain like that. I have a chicken salad for lunch though to make up for it.

I was always an exercise buff as well. Weights, cardio, yoga even. No matter how much I drank, I always worked hard to make sure my bodyfat was low. It really is hilarious.

But really, that chocolate will do you much less damage than the alcohol. Don't be afraid to have a few treats to get you through. That's going to be my weekend evening plans. Treat myself with whatever I feel like eating. That will give me something to look forward too, instead of drinking. I can eat healthy all I want the rest of the week.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

All that healthy eating is for naught if you're bathing yourself in alcohol. It obstructs your ability to take in nutrients properly.

I too have noticed a big sweet tooth these last couple days which I never had before. Probably all the carbs from beer were breaking down into sugars so I didn't crave them.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
CJ1

No doubt about that DBT. It is all for naught when you are bathing yourself in alcohol. I was just commenting on the lunacy of my thinking. That's an alcoholic for you. Justify slamming several bottles of red wine, and beer, because I got veggies in that day. It's all craziness.

The sweet tooth is definitely normal. Alcohol turns to pure sugar in the bloodstream. Your body's craving glucose badly.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Maybe after a while my iron will go back to normal. Ever since I started drinking (wine mostly) I couldn't donate blood anymore because my iron levels were too low. Taking a vitamin didn't do anything either.
I already started on the reeses pieces.. Had to battle my kids for it! They're trying my patience right now and I have 4 plus my uncle's step son is here (stayed overnight).. so 5 kids + day 1 recovery = crazy mom?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Had to battle my kids for it!

My wife bought me a bag of Jolly Rancher's. I got two.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoutDamnTime View Post
Had to battle my kids for it!

My wife bought me a bag of Jolly Rancher's. I got two.
My chocolate inventory is depleting.. I may have to find a better hiding spot! and jolly ranchers sound so good right now.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I got some good advice in the beginning when the nutritionist told me to never let myself get hungry. When you feel your body is missing something it will crave booze. She kept telling me to eat when I crave. To this day I love the food. No more Lean Cuisine for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
CJ1

Day 8 today, and still going strong. Unfortunately, its that dreaded day. You know what I'm talking about. Friday, and I have the whole weekend off. Not going to indulge though. I'll have to keep myself busy so I don't go crazy. The best part will be waking up on a Sat or sun feeling fresh, with no hangover. I'm looking forward to that.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

sober weekend

Congrats on day 8
Don't look at the weekend with dread. Because this is going to be the first weekend you are going to feel good and look at the world with clear vision. There will be many more to come and you will have a new outlook on weekends and life.
SH
Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
Day 8 today, and still going strong. Unfortunately, its that dreaded day. You know what I'm talking about. Friday, and I have the whole weekend off. Not going to indulge though. I'll have to keep myself busy so I don't go crazy. The best part will be waking up on a Sat or sun feeling fresh, with no hangover. I'm looking forward to that.
Yea, tonight is Friday and we were invited out. I told my husband we can go, and that I will take it as a "practice run" in saying NO to alcohol if offered. He said that if we do go, he won't drink anything either.. for me We'll be the only sober people there!! I'm bringing lots of candy though!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

CJ - Try to stay busy. Rent a few movies. You'll be sober and will be able to follow the plots. A good place to get free stuff is the library. I rent movies from them all the time. They have a decent selection. Enjoy feeling good. This is just the beginning.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
CJ1

Actually following a movie plot line for the first viewing sounds refreshing. Maybe I'll give that a shot this weekend.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
CJ1

Just wanted to post a quick message to say I'm doing well, and just haven't been posting due to being busy all weekend. Which is a good thing. Still on track.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Cj, thanks for letting us know your okay. I often wonder how someone is doing after they haven't posted a couple of days. Hang in there and just keep trudging. Here's hoping your day goes well.

Harry