Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xuse

anxiety

this anxiety and guilt is rough why do we go back when we no the damage it does
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's part of the insanity that affected us all, xuse.
Like I said before - if you feel rough - call a Dr or go to the ER.

D
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Simple: We are addicts tried and true!

Good Luck to you!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went back because of the anxiety and guilt which caused more anxiety and guilt which then meant i went back to get a moments peace from the anxiety and guilt...'fast forward' (it didnt seem very fast though)20 years!!!

Throw in regret, denial, false pride and ego...now we're talking...

I had to get help because i could not see a way out...any sane person would have come to that conclusion the first time they tried to stop drinking and couldn't!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Because you're an alcoholic probably. That's the short of it.

Have a binge feel terrible, swear to not do it again, get to a couple of weeks and start to forget the hell of the hangover/Comedown/WD or think you were over dramatising it, mind gets into real 'tunnel vision' thinking where you can only see the immediate release that the booze will give, justify taking a drink as everybody else drinks and you feel totally crap anyway so a drink is the only 'medicine' that will make you feel better (if only for a few hours), the worlds a f*cked up place full of bullsh*t and corruption so why not drink and just get f*cked up as you'll die eventually anyway.

That sums up very briefly my thought patterns after a binge and then consequently how I would end up doing the same thing all over again usually about 5 days later.

As the consequences from the binging get more severe and my mental health got lower and lower then the only solution appears another binge, heavier than the last to cope with all the new problems that the previous binge produced.

The only solution is to admit total and utter defeat in regards to alcohol and that you will never beat the booze. Only by not playing to start with by staying sober at all costs 'just for today'.

Go to AA, stick to SR like glue or do whatever else is required to change your thinking and mindset sufficiently so that you are effectively a totally different person to the active alcoholic. Unless you get that 'psychic change' or however you want to define it then you are gonna just feel mightily p*ssed-off about not being able to get the release that booze gives you.

I can only share my experience.

All The Best.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I stopped self-medicating my crippling anxiety with drugs and alcohol and started taking my Doc's advice by using anti-depressants. I have never known such peace. Honestly I had no idea what it was like to have a little bit of peace inside my head it's so nice. Go see your Doc Xuse get off the merry-go-round
Old 08-10-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
xuse

i feel some better still a little bit of dizzy that comes and goes i did get 4 hours sleep and have ate some not really that shaky today i understand i need to see my doc you all are totally right a slight bit of a head ache that comes and goes i no it is easy to say im done when you feel bad or have done something im aware ive done this many times.