Notices

Part 2

Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Stanley, my Life Coach keeps remindin me to have an atitude of gratitude, it makes a huge difference.

I confess I have had a little trouble implementing Part 2 this week, being sick has been a definite hinderance and the fact that its draggin on is difficult for me:-(
Old 08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations a day in advance, LaFemme - well done!

I'm so glad you're taking this journey with us - you add so much to the forum. I can really relate to the desire to begin to live again. Perhaps you're tuned into Matisse who said: "Painting is prayer." It doesn't always feel like that to me; sometimes it feels like work, sometimes like therapy, and just as often like facing my fears. There's nothing scarier than a blank canvas, even after 25 years!But when it feels effortless and I'm tapped into my source, it's definitely like prayer, and those are the times I cherish.

Enough about art (sorry!) I think you're doing great and hope the next 30 days is even better (it was for me). Love your life and yourself, and don't get overwhelmed, but otherwise, go for it girl!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

gratitude

I like that "Atitude of Gratitude". She's right. I am grateful to be alive and sober everyday. Sometimes, even after ten months, I still thank God for not throwing up that day. It's the simple things.
I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I know we can't give medical advice but I hope you have a doctor that can clear up your condition.
SH
Old 08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I love your post. A big congrats to you. Sounds like your head AND heart in in the right spot.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
CJ1

Congratulations on your month sober. I'll get there again soon as well.

It looks like you are living the quote you have in your signature. "Follow your bliss." I'm a big Joseph Campbell fan as well.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Congrats on your sober month. And thanks for sharing what your future plans are. I think it important that all of us realize that its vital to keep changing and working on our future selves, and your post reminded us (me) of that!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for their support...it makes everything seem possible!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great post LF, there's never such thing as having enough inspiration with what we're all up against here....posts like these help me a lot.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Awesome thread LaFemme.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

la femme, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters....don't get the big head...i have reeeeaaaallllyyyy low standards due to years of drinking....lol.

when i quit it was simply to feel better. i have reflected on the harm i have done in the past whether by action or inaction...both had consequences on those around me. all i can do it try to do better from here on out...i can't pull a superman and spin the world around backwards turning back time.

to think i only ended up with 1 dui in 9 years of hard drinking is amazing and a testament that i did most of my drinking at home.

i am so at peace with myself now. i don't get in a hurry....every task is on 'my time' now. i'm much more productive at work. i had a detail assignment offered to me today which i promptly turned down. i'm at a stage in my career where i'm very happy and am not a climber.

right before i turned that down i was offered a lean six sigma class in columbus ohio....as much as i think l.s.s. is the business equivalent of est i recognized i do have over 4 more years before retirement age of 55 and it will help me on future projects.

when i was drinking i would have turned it down.

not drinking has freed up the me that i used to be.

keep on rocking la femme. you hit the nail (continually) for a lot of us.

david.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Awwww.....thanks David. You are so sweet:-) What do you do, if you don't mind me asking...I'm not familiar with the courses you are considering taking.

Once my schedule settles down in a month or two, I want to take a printmaking course, or maybe another life drawing class...I don't care how old we get learnin new things and honing our skills isxthe meaning of life...imo.

Btw, its been pointed out I use "imo" an awful lot..sorry;-)
Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

just throw an 'h' in between the 'm' and the 'o' and all will be well.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:15 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
Great post LF, there's never such thing as having enough inspiration with what we're all up against here....posts like these help me a lot.
ditto! congrats on your month,and thanks for lending strength too.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LaFemme
Congratulations on your 30 days! and thank you for that brilliant post. You have reminded me that sobriety presents amazing opportunities for experiencing new things and expressing ourselves in ways that have been lost to us through alcohol. I'm a writer, and years of booze halted the clarity of expression that sometimes comes with the awakening spirit. The blank canvas and the unwritten sheet are metaphors for the great possibilities of renewal that sobriety can bring to us, no matter how old (or worn!) we are.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ok...I've been wanting to recheck on this thread and see where I'm at.

Things are going well...but I am learning not to bite off more than I can chew. 2 months ago I was so excited by my sobriety I failed to consider there are only so many hours in the day. I have also found that I have not bounced back physically as quickly as I expected or wanted. I also started making future plans without realizing I still needed to deal with some of all my alcoholic messes.

So...I am working with a life coach...exploring who I want to be and where I want to go. Its the first time in my Life I have looked at this honestly. Its a work in progress!

I am still trying to learn how to manage my money and clean up some financial messes. Its a work in progress.

Painted living room and bedroom, rearranged furniture, threw out nasty carpet, old mattress and tons of junk including empty bottles hidden around the house. Still need to finish painting the kitchen and organizing closets. Its a work in progress.

Just started an excercise program to combat some difficulties I've been experiencing with fatigue. Had a great work out tonight but ......wait for it....its a work in progress.

It will be 100 days sober tomorrow. I am happy as a clam that I no longer drink or think about my next drink. This doesn't mean I never think about alcohol. When I do, my first instinct is to shy away. But I make myself think it through...make myself think of taking that first drink. This usually makes me want to gag and I'm good to go. I hope one day these moments will get further and further apart, but, you guessed it...its a work in progress.

So, in summation ...I'm a work in progress...and that, my friends is a very good thing indeed.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations again LaF

D
Old 10-18-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congrats on the triple digit milestone LaFemme
Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 10-18-2010, 10:24 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hey, that's great LaFemme

I'm eight days ahead of you and have begun having more energy recently, especially in the late afternoons and evenings. Hopefully that will happen to you too, and it will wash that fatigue away.

Congratulations on your 100 days - you've been an inspiration to me how you've stayed sober in some pretty alcohol drenched company!

Murray
Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

LaF - I am so impressed with your strength, your perceptiveness and ability to express yourself and most of all your determination. Congratulations on 100 days! Now where is the tattoo?