Notices

I could use some serious help and advice

Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face I could use some serious help and advice

This is my first blog on this site. I jst joined cuz I know I need some help and support. To make my life story as quick as possible. I've always been an addict. Since I was 14 Ive been smokeing weed like it's going out of style. I'ts my one true vice that I havent been able to get away from for 18 yrs. Thats the least of my worries right now.

In feb of this year I shattered my right wrist pretty bad. I had to have a major surgery and after the recovery I had a really hard time cutting myself off of the pain meds. I found some sorces for vikadins and perkasets but you know what that leads to. Good Ol' OC's. Yep, and because of the crew i know from pufing the ganga. theyre to easy to get ahold of.

So, this is the real reason I'm hear. I stopped by my boys today to pickup a couple and he was out. to my surprise he had some yayoo. I hadn't touched the shiz in almost two years so ofcourse I couldnt say no. Now it's past 4am. I have to work tomorrow at 7am and I'm a store manager so it's not like i can go in after an allnightr and have it not show.

I would like to find a councelor to speak with, but I don't know how to set it up witha low or no payment. I'm living week to week not even buying the OC's. I'm hopeing some of you can share some advise and even similer exp. you've delt with if you think I can learn from your wisdom gained by overcoing any roughtimes like im in right now. Thnk You if youve tsken he time to read this.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Christopher,

Good you came here, someone that can offer some specific help will be along I am sure. I don't even recognize half the **** your talking about! LOL My DOC was alcohol...

Just want to welcome you and hope that you find your answers soon.

Be strong, your intentions are good!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi christopsher
I'm an alcoholic too like LifeIs so I have little knowledge of the drugs you talk about - but I know the value of support.

If you have a doctor, I would go to them and be honest and open about your problems.

If you have no money, I suggest NA or some other similar recovery group might be a good starting point for you.

You find a lot of support here too - check out our substance abuse forum for more people with experience in these situations as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR

D
Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to the family chris
Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best thing to do would be go see your doc but yeah I know that horrible feeling of being up with the birds tweeting on blow wishing you could sleep, but just doing more more more until it's all gone and being relieved it's gone but still wishing there was more. Horrible. I also was a massive massive pothead but with the help of AA and NA I have been clean and sober for over 2 months. I was on the benzos too and I've got off the pills, everything with help from my groups. There is a better life for you out there man I promise. Go see your doc and get to a meeting if you can.