Notices

Blank Spots/ Brain Cramps

Old 08-07-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I do that same thing. Since I've been sober, I've lost two spoon rests (and had to buy new ones). I have no clue what I did with the old ones. Dropped them in the garbage while I was cleaning??? Hid them away where only the elves and fairies can find them??? Ate them????

I also forget where I'm parked in parking lots pretty regularly. Because of this, I have "my spot" where I park when I go to that particular store. If I can't park in "my spot," you're going to see some weird old lady limping around the parking lot in the baking heat looking for her truck.

I really think I do this stuff because I'm so involved in what my mind is doing at any given time that I can't be bothered to concentrate on the little things. I am involved in a very creative hobby, and, usually I'm daydreaming about what I'm going to do next.

Hey, at least we're not drunk.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was talking with my girlfriend about this thread a bit this morn, (very discreetly, not to worry) and she said, "What about when the phone rang and you left the water running in the kitchen while you talked on the phone for 1/2 an hour?" Oops, I'd forgotten bout that one. What a mess, water went everywhere, all over the floor, inside the cabinets, suds all over the counter, how'd I forget about that, lol.

May be time for a new girlfriend, lol. Just kidding.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Grace, I have many blonde moments as well:-)

Seriously, my trainer when I was a kid always told me I was a space so can I really blame my current ditziness on my drinking days or was it a pre-existing condition?

The truly sad thing is the things I accidentally threw out when I would drink and clean:-(

Firestorm, glad to see you so positive and happy!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Firestorm, I call mine senior moments, and they have been coming more often than not. I have a fairly big laundry room, with alot of space, so I keep bottled water in there. Yesterday I went in to get the bottled water, came out with a basket of clean clothes and folded them. Went back in to get the water, and threw the white wash in the machine and left. Went back in to get the water, and put the clothes in the dryer, and left. Now my husband is making fun of me, so he wrote GET THE WATER on a piece of paper, and taped it on my chest while yelling DONT FORGET THE WATER. Just for laughs I came out with the empty laundry detergent jug, and no water. LOL

Long Story Short, My husband eventually went in for the water. My mind is shot. All those pills I took back in the day.
And hey 6 days is awesome. Hang in there.

Your definitely not alone. We all seem to do this at one time or another.
After the age of 50 these moments come more frequently. I'm probably a future alzheimers candidate. I hope not, but I do things, and then 2 minutes later I say, who did that? It's nuts.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I remember in early sobriety when I was trying to drive from A to B, I'd end up at point C, which I didn't need to go, and then would somehow end up going via point D to get to my intended destination of B.

I've even attempted to attend AA meetings, not only at the wrong location, but on the wrong day since I thought it was a Friday, when it was a Thursday.

I'd pull up a chair and sit on my elbow!

It clears up though.