Notices

slipped after ten months.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

slipped after ten months.

I gave in to the cravings and had a drink yesterday. Ten months sober and I drank. It didn't provide the ease and comfort I thought it would. Head down and onward...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened.

Be proud of the work you have put into ten sober months and move forward. You know what you need to do.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi xaphan88

many of us have felt the need to test the waters again...only to find the experience totally empty.

We're on the right track staying sober - good to have you here with us

D
Old 08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xaphan88 View Post
I gave in to the cravings and had a drink yesterday. Ten months sober and I drank. It didn't provide the ease and comfort I thought it would. Head down and onward...

Be proud you found the strength to get sober,look at it as a learning experience. Good luck to you
Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

A couple times I've had a thought about having a drink to "provide the ease and comfort" that I'm seeking. When that thought creeps in, I picture myself sitting there and drinking and feeling an emptiness rather than the warm feeling I used to get from the alcohol. I'm thankful for your post, for you telling us that you did not get out of it what you thought you would.

You did it for 10 months; now it's time to do it again. Stay strong and please check in next time when you're having thoughts of drinking, rather than doing so afterward.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i Know The Feeling.. Been There and Done That.. it Takes What it Takes.. Don't Give up! Keep Posting..
Old 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

ONWARD is the key word here.... Get right back on that horse!!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

You're here instead of on a bender... You have so many positives to build on, starting with 10 months. Anything you can think of that may have triggered it?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Ouch!! Feel for you, but it's not the end of the world. Back on the wagon eh? - try to use this experience to learn from so you don't fall at the same hurdle again.

Thanks for posting!

Stu.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

These things happen.
Don't be to hard on yourself.
Wish you the best.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Head UP and onward. Ten months is something to be proud of Xaphan. You learned from it and again are making the right decesion to move forward. Good for you.

When we get sober sometimes we glorify the experience of drinking. What good times we had, the relief , comfort etc. When in reality we forget why we stopped in the first place. The brain is very cunning. We must never let our guard down. Easier said than done I know. After all we're only human. We WILL make mistakes. I feel as long as we learn from them it makes us better people.

You hold your hold up and be wiser next time. You know better now.

Best wishes to you.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Xaphan,

Ten months is something to be proud of. One day of drinking doesn't negate all the good things in your life that happened during your sober time.

I gave in to the cravings and had a drink yesterday. It didn't provide the ease and comfort I thought it would.
Remember these words if you are tempted again. They will definitely help me, so thanks for posting. I know it wasn't easy.

Best wishes.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks, all. This whole honesty thing still fits like a t-shirt a size too small, but it gets a little easier. I feel better having said it. Funny how that works.

xaphan
Old 08-06-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks, all. This whole honesty thing still fits like a t-shirt a size too small, but it gets a little easier. I feel better having said it. Funny how that works.

xaphan
Keep on Keepin On'
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for telling us it wasn't so great after all. You helped a lot of people here by sharing your experience Onward and upward for you.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you are back. You have the strength to continue and well done on your sobriety. You know what you need to do now.

Looking forward to your continued journey.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I admire you for your honesty. What happened to you can happen to any of us at any time. Put it behind you,don't dwell on it too much.today's another day. Start afresh and look forward. You really can do this. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
part time member

I am glad that you posted. I am also at 10 months and have a party to go to tonight. I will remember what you said when I am tempted.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are quickly getting back on track
Old 08-07-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

ten months

thanks for the post. I had ten months on the 5th and have been thinking a lot about my sobriety. I feel strong but I think Musician Judy Collins said it well '' I realize that this new life has been a gift, and if you get this experience of grace, you've got to keep your priorities straight, because you never know."
Thanks for your honesty. A wise person once told me if I slip don't let it turn into a relapse, learn from it. I wish someone had told me that before my last relapse years ago.
SH