Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xuse

made it 13 days but friday and saturday i binged i hate this repeating cycle i want to stop for good im depressed and feel like crap i may have to stay on this forum 24/7 i feel so guilty im 33 i want stop i probably drank 40 beers this last time in two days i hate this:rotfxko
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I found daily AA meetings gave me the knowledge
of how to live sober....and enjoy it.....

And depression is why I decided to stop drinking.
Please do re start your sobriety....
Old 08-08-2010, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
xuse

thanks i cant sleep
Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

many of us had false starts Xuse...try to think about whhat happened and what perhaps you could do better.

I agree with you that hanging out here, or anywhere where you can reach out and get support, is better than going backwards.

start again
D
Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Have you tried AA yet? It's worth checking out--many of us find it works when nothing else did.

The sleep problems when you first quit drinking are NORMAL. They do tend to go away after a few weeks. If you continue to have sleep problems after several weeks of not drinking, see a doctor--one who KNOWS about your alcoholism.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome to sr,this is a great place.
when i first got sober i spent all my waking hours here when i wasnt in an AA meeting that was!
i cannot do this on my own.
AA has given me a life i could not have dreamed of in the form of the 12 steps.
have you thought of trying a meeting?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Xuse, sry that you had a relapse, but no use beating yourself up about it, it happend and nothing can change that. Use it as a learning curve, and write down how you felt after the binge drinking. Whenever I feel the urge to drink I dig out photos that show me making a complete ass of myself at parties and such and read my diary about how I felt afterwards. My diary always starts, "so ashamed I want to die" etc. Usually the photos and the diary are enough to put me off having a drink!

I find it very helpful to keep a diary, of the bad things and also of the many achievements that are reached through not drinking. How much better I look, how less bloated I feel/look, how excited I am to get that new item I wanted but could never afford before as most of my spare cash went on drink, and most of all how great I feel the morning after a social gathering when I have nothing to feel grimly embarrassed about because I didnt drink.

Stay with us hun, start again from today and put those two days in the past where they belong.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
xuse

yhanks everyone ilaid down four hours ago and would sleep 10 minutes wake sleep a little more then wake up