Notices

Anybody out there

Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Robert you made me cry =). I'm going to commit your words to memory....every second is one less second. I like that.

I've never struggled with alcohol withdrawl. I didn't know it was uncomfortable
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hang in there Austingirl!
You can do this, one minute, one hour or each day that passes, brings you closer to being free.
Pamper yourself, take a bubble bath, paint your toenails, etc.
Come here often, so many care, we have been threw this, may it be alcohol or a drug.
Do this you your children, your job, your future, but most of all yourself.
Try, if you can a AA or NA meeting. It will be good to know that people just like you are struggling too. Face to face meeting helped me at the beginning.
Just a recovering drunk here.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Grouch and Brainstorm

Originally Posted by Austingirl View Post
Thanks guys. Robert you made me cry =). I'm going to commit your words to memory....every second is one less second. I like that.

I've never struggled with alcohol withdrawl. I didn't know it was uncomfortable
Alcohol withdrawal is the most dangerous type of withdrawal-- it can kill (perhaps others can as well, I'm not sure). Much of it depends on your physical health, how much you were drinking/using, etc.

The less you are alone, the quicker this will go. The forum is great but I suggest you not let it be a replacement for actual face to face interaction with other recovering/struggling people. There is power in those meetings, tap into it for your sake.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

They are all uncomfortable, and lonely... no one knows, it seems, but the one who suffers... but it only seems that way. Reach out Austingirl, there's help...
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

I'm an addict whose drug of choice was oxycontin. Towards the end i was snorting in excess of 300mg daily. I know all to well the brutality of opiate withdrawal. Just hang on my friend! It's awful i know, but it's temporary and you don't ever have to use that crap again. i've been clean for 8 months and was pretty much a hopeless junkie last christmas. if i can do it, you can too.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I'm new here and fighting for sobriety. I know this must be awful for you. Your kids are worth it, but you have to do it for yourself first. Keep talking. We're listening.