Notices

Three weeks ago today...

Old 07-29-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three weeks ago today...

This time Three weeks ago I was Driving to The Shop to get my Cans Of Lager ready to get Drunk... My first Drink of the day was around 3 pm and I continued to drink all Night with a couple of Friends who were equally dependant on Drink as Me.

I woke up the next Morning, feeling Ill, I couldn't get out of Bed all day because I felt so Hungover, I realised then that I was probably Killing myself.
At age 52 I wondered how my Body was still taking this abuse.

When I finally dragged my sick Body out of Bed I decided that Enough was Enough, I couldn't put myself through this anymore so I decided I had to Quit!

Today I feel Good, in fact Fantastic, My drinking Pals are still drinking on a Daily Basis but I have only caught a Glimpse of them walking to the Shop to buy more Drink...they looked Dreadful! Eeeew, that's the way I must have looked.

Three weeks without a Drink has given me my life back and I know in my heart that its gonna stay this way.

Today I feel so Happy!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very well done on your 3 weeks done, Kitey!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice one Kitey!! 3 weeks sober is great!!

Remember to try to keep everything 'one day at a time' as best as possible.I find this really helps.

yes, I must have looked really rough when I used to stagger round to the shop to buy more booze. I never used to think I was staggering but obviously I know different now. I never used to think I smelled of booze either but now realise I must have stunk of booze for at least a good day or two after my binges.

I couldn't imagine putting myself through that anymore and have no desire to. I see alcohol for the poison that it is to me. I have zero desire to inflict all of that physical and emotional damage that I used to inflict on myself on a regular basis.

Remember how good you're feeling now mate and think back to it in the future when the thought of a drink sounds more alluring and you foget the hell of the hangover. I can still vividly remember my last bender and it wasn't pretty. I never want to go back there and I don't ever have to as long as I stay away from that first drink at all costs 'just for today'.

Life is good sober.

peace
Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job Kitey
Old 07-29-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The fact that you stopped abusing yourself with alcohol is fabulous, the realization that you deserve better for yourself is priceless!! Keep it up!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome! Same story for me, 3 weeks ago this past Tuesday I was wasted and today I feel human/don't hate myself. Keep it up, I will too!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go on 3 weeks!! I remember vividly all those times, standing in line at the cash register with my drinks, having sprayed perfume on me because I hadn't showered in days, with a stain on my shirt and booze on my breath..... just wanting to get through the line FAST so I didn't have to talk to anyone and could go home and continue drinking in peace.

Nice to have all that changed now...

Keep hanging in there, ODAAT!:ghug3
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's wonderful!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Kitey, congratulations on your three weeks! By stopping drinking, you'll probably extend your lifespan by a decade, and if you enjoy music you will start hearing it better too! Good luck and take it one day at a time.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Kitey

D