Notices

Your Screen Name

Old 07-29-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Webster's definition says: recycle - To separate potentially useful components from items that would otherwise be considered waste.

As a potentially useful person, trying to separate himself from being waste(d). It seemed to fit the path I am choosing.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happier being sober than I was being drunk. I realize the signficance of the word since happiness is not always easy to achieve. Kind of a milestone for me.

Now that I think about it...a "happy drunk" is pretty much an oxymoron for us alcoholics : )
Old 07-29-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A work in progress

MrSerious, you aren't by any chance related to this guy, are you?

LOL, I subscribe to the feed, some absolute GEMS of recovery wisdom.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Originally Posted by Round234 View Post
Round - Fighting addiction is just that, a fight so round, like ufc or boxing or whatever, they have different rounds lol
and 2, 3, 4 because I've tried a couple few times already

I am a female though lol even though im going on about fighting and stuff LOL
How niiiiiice to see another female fight fan!
And I'm all too familiar with the fight against addiction....Addiction fights DIRRRRTY!!!

I'm a huge fight fan....flew to Chicago to see my favorite boxer (Paulie Malignagggi) in the dead of winter from warm sunny Florida....Lotttts of MMA down here so I go often, since 2003....in fact I just picked up my tickets for an upcoming fight 8/12 at the Hard Rock...love that place, it's such a great venue for fights.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I picked aysha because I needed to change my original user name which was chiynita. That was a name I got in the street I felt when I started my new life I needed to drop everything that came from it. Even the nickname.
So I am asian and just picked aysha. Mostly because I like the Y in it. LOL
But come to find out aysha means alive and well or she lives. How cool is that?
No such thing as coincidences?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

When I first started browsing SR, I saw a warning that posts are searchable. The advice was to pick a handle nobody could figure out if you were worried about that sort of thing. I didn't know if was worried or not, so I decided to play it safe.

I have this little dog, a pomeranian, who has been with me through the bad years of alcoholism, through my quitting, and beyond. Now, she's old--16 years old. I know I won't have her much longer, and it's killing me. I wish I hadn't wasted some of our time together being a horrible, irresponsible drunk. I'm surprised she survived it. So "lildawg" is kind of a tribute to her.

Further, I think often about the quote I have in my signature line. "It's better to be a live dog than a dead lion." After everything -- the battle with my alcoholism and all that led to it -- I don't just feel like an old, beat up dog, I feel like a little, unimportant dog on top of that. Even more, I'm all wet--just like the dog in my avatar. All I thought I was has been reduced, and I'm still thinking about where I stand now.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey lildawg!

I can completely relate to your dog post...When I got my dog Summer as a pup, was right when I started trying to quit...so it's taken me 5 1/2 years, and I feel rotten that I have put here through all that (she is very sensitive).

But if you are beating your problems with alcohol, you are a lion, you are not at all reduced:-)

Aysha, very cool about finding out the double meaning for your name:-)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Screen name - An Italian term used frequently in my house throughout my childhood.

Picture - My last booking photo
Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
I'm trying to try.

I picked bella because I know there is beauty somewhere deep down inside of me even if it hasn't shown in a while. Plus, my old Italian grandma always used to call me "mia bella"

89 refers to the year I was born in.

I'm creative, aren't I? Lol.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
Screen name - An Italian term used frequently in my house throughout my childhood.

Picture - My last booking photo
Way to own that it experience. I hope you have a happier picture to share in the future.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I picked aysha because I needed to change my original user name which was chiynita.

Wow! I had no idea that was you! Guess I'm a little slow