Notices

New to the forums - I need help

Old 07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well, and I hope you feel better soon.

Keep reading and posting!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

gcc, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. And it's awesome that you're looking better and that your coworker commented on it; that type of positive reinforcement helped me a lot in the early days. Just the other day I was looking in the mirror and thinking about how thankful I was that I no longer look like a beat-down zombie. Keep it up! It only gets better.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Remember, if you never pick up that first drink, you'll never have to detox again.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Gcc! First, I agree with Snarf about embracing detox...when I was in bed sweating at 3 am, I imagined all the sweat was the leftover booze leaving my body as fast as possible:-)

Re looks, you might check out the physical vanity thread, feeling good on the inside, being reflect on the outside is a great motivator.

I can't discuss this, at this time, with my family. I know they know I had a problem, but there are a lot of family complications for me (they also are already dealing with a lot) and we are not a sharing family. But your family was probably aware something bad was goin on with you and I am sure when. They see you next they will see someone who is a lot healthier and they will be happy:-)