Notices

Licking my wounds...

Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Licking my wounds...

I just want to quietly slide back in SR without making a lot of noise. Maybe no one will notice I've been gone for several months. And no, they were not sober months. But I recently began riding my bike to prep for the MS150 ride in September and figure I should celebrate the event with sobriety.

So, once again, I return and have another go at it. Maybe coupled with the exercise, success will be the reward.

I canoed the North Fork River yesterday, fried not only my brain but my body as well, so I will sit back and let others speak.

Peace,
Padraic
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back Padraic...

Hope this time is the good one. Want it more than anything in the world, want it with your whole body, mind and soul. It works.

Be strong!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Padraic!

I hope you can find a way to make the sobriety work for you.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Creekryder, truley good to see that you came to your senses and could see that picking up again wasn't getting you anywhere.

In a way, I'm kind of sitting here with a smile on my face. Only because I've been there and done that. The difference is after my first slip, for nine months, I went back to a meeting and I slid into a corner hoping no one could see me that might remember me. Kind of difficult for you to do that here because you have to post and let all know you are back. Probably better off for it too. And I mentioned a first slip, because I did go back out another time. What is hopefully my last time, lasted a little over ten years and I didn't think I would be capable of getting back to AA.

But God did get me back and here I am 9 and 1/2 years later and able to talk about it. When I did come back this time, at that first meeting, it was the first time in my life I felt hope and I started building off that hope and continue to build on it today. I chased my recovery as hard as I chased my alcohol and drugs, literally and physically. I got a sponsor and through him and others sharing what worked for them, I made the decision to try out what was working for them and hoped it would work for me. I called my sponsor every morning, whether I got to talk with him or his answering machine, because I knew it was something I needed to do for myself if I wanted to stay clean and sober.

So welcome back and share your experience with others. Your own experience can and will help others, even me.

Keep coming, we need you.

Harry
Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I like your writing style, I think you should journal through your next struggle, maybe one day soon you can help out another addict. We are all on your side here, keep coming back for support. We're just one happy little dysfunctional family.

-It's not the beginning of the end, it's the return to yourself. -Enigma
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I definitely noticed you were missing & am so glad to see you back. I always enjoyed your helpful & well written posts. They were valuable to me when I joined here 3 yrs. ago. I hope you are back to stay this time, Padraic.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

Welcome Back!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back P. I always wonder where my friends are when they're not here.
Welcome home

D
Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back....
Old 07-31-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Thank you all for your kind welcomes and comments. I know (when I am sober, that is) the stage is set for a serious health disintegration if I don't quit the bottle. The bike is giving me new energy and a different commitment besides abstinence from alcohol.
I'm on my way.