Notices

My supplier stopped by last night

Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My supplier stopped by last night

Last night I got a visit from my supplier, because I haven't called him in 6 days. He had the pills sitting right there in plain sight and even said I could pay him back later for them, and I said NO! I told him I'm quitting, and he was actually supportive??? although he suddenly wants to date hello???? Anyhow, after he left, I felt a natural high and proud, something I haven't felt in a long time. Day 5 and staying strong. I might not have said no if it were not for the support on here.

"That I would be good, even if I am overwhelmed" "That I would be good, even if I am not myself" -Alanis Morissette
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i wouldn't let him in the house again or even answer his calls. he's there for one reason, to give you your DOC.

would you really want to *date* this person? knowing what he has available, the pills will always be there.

good for you on saying no and stay away from him.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Job, Balou!! Congrat's
I'm sure you realize this is one victory in lifetime war.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had to totally cut all ties with anybody who I used to buy drugs from or take drugs with. When they called round on the odd occassion to see if I wanted to go to the pub then I just told them that I was still sober and so I wouldn't be hanging with them. It soon gets around that you're sober and clean and they stop calling. I didn't respond to txts, Blocked them on facebook etc. I felt a little bad as I don't like not responding to people but I knew that it's for the best.

I couldn't hang around with people who still use drugs or sell drugs without thinking I was missing out. The same goes for alcohol and heavy drinkers.

Nice one on having the strength to say no.

peace
Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Good for you, BUT...

You simply cannot associate with this person any longer. I've had to make drastic changes in the people, places, and things I associate with. I had to make these changes b/c the same me will drink/use again. Maybe this is true with you too?

Last edited by Kjell; 07-23-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: b/c I have paws and cannot spell
Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

I'll fourth the no contact.
Great job and way to go feeling empowered, but I believe you're playing with fire without enough water in your bucket yet. Day 4 is still very very early IMHO.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

OUCH - that's what you call a "close encounter." I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself and your new life. That's awesome!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Balou View Post

... he suddenly wants to date hello????
Just goes to show ya how self-centered we are while using. This is one bridge worth burning behind you.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If ever there was a last ditch attempt at a sale - that was it. Well done to avoid. Now tear up his number, buy yourself a new phone if you can afford it, and if he "comes by" again, you aint in - period.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, No I would never date him, even if I was still using ewwww, and second I told him I was going clean and he was OK with that, but we will see if he tries again. I won't answer or maybe tell him no, sometimes I worry they might retaliate???
Thank you
Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a right, and a duty to yourself, to say no Balou.
Maybe involve the local police if the guy makes a nuisance of himself again.

D
Old 07-23-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im with Dee on getting local authorities involved if this person shows up. I am sure they would love to meet him and see who his contacts are.

Good job on staying strong. Temptation is all around so we work our recovery because our lives depend on it. Way to go!!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Balou View Post
Thanks everyone, No I would never date him, even if I was still using ewwww, and second I told him I was going clean and he was OK with that, but we will see if he tries again. I won't answer or maybe tell him no, sometimes I worry they might retaliate???
Thank you
I would just avoid him and his calls. For sure don't let him in - your just not home eventually he will give up. The drug dealers I was around would have screwed me up/had someone else screw me up if I involved the police. It's an iffy situation with dealers. Personally, I wouldn't involve the police unless you absolutely have to.

Good job on staying clean and keep coming back!
Chavo
Old 07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOL,

I was in court yesterday and witnessed a defendant ask the PROSECUTOR out for lunch!

Yup, he'll be back in court. Doesn't have the brains god gave a rock.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

well done..... way to go... that is a huge step...huge.....
i agree with everyone else stay as far away is possible and make sure you lose his number..... it only takes a moment of depression.... stress... anger... to kick in and then our addiction over rides our thinking somethimes... well that is how it was for me.... i even remember when i got out of re-hab in 2008... one day i was cleaning out my purse and found one of my suppliers numbers.... i thought about it for a sec....(i had no intentions on using eaither) but i said no i will keep it... you never no...... OMG if i only new that was the 1st sigh of my relapse.... i didt relapse till like 5 or so months after that.... and never connected until after i relapsed..... that i was in relapse mode all that time... i relapsed LONG before i ever put a pill back in me....good luck to you and get rid of all contacts if you are able to....
Jen