Notices

At its worst now

Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Positive vibes and prayers sent your way Eddie. It will get better and by not drinking and keeping strong with support....you never have to go through this again. Early days are rough but each day you will get a bit better so please stay strong.

Hope you come back and continue sharing your journey with us. We are here for you and always around 24/7 and know that continued support is key in recovery.

Looking forward to your next post friend.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Eddie!

As requested sending lots of prayers your way. It will be over soon and you will be on the road to recovery! Drink lots of water, stay hydrated.

Be strong and stay focused!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all your replies. It helps. Well last night I was nervously exhausted and got a small bit of sleep..I woke up the first time feeling fairly ok, but the second time it was the usual feeling of fear and dread with a very upset stomach. I forced myself to eat diner yesterday which helped. I have the worst of it behind me but feel as if I have a couple of days to go yet of this numb headed feeling and angst. Depression is the bigger one now as my anxiety has lessened a lot. I have to work again tonight and am not dreading it as it doesnt involve a long drive like it did yesterday and today.

The thought of a drink is so far removed from me at the moment. I am safe in that respect, I have to use this experience as part of a foundation for recovery
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Eddie.....seeing your post put a huge smile on my face this morning. I speak from the heart when I say that seeing your strength and determination to get sober inspires me. I feel like I am taking the journey with you.

I know my initial days were like yours. Just getting through the day and hoping to sleep some were the focus. Lots of thoughts and yup I was facing the depression/anxiety. I was quite ansy but found a bit more sleep, little less depression and bit more energy came with each day that passed.

Focus on your achievement. Each day sober is a blessing and man it sure does take work.

Proud of you and keep sharing. I know posting here was a life saver. Probably bored the crappola out of the veterans but I posted whenever I could and read and read.

Job well done. Stay strong.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Kmber, I have a few more days of this to go, my anxiety is waking me up and I fell like Im free falling thru life. Its an empty lonely feeling and I know I wouldnt feel this agitated when sober, at least for not as sustained a time. I expect to feel fully human again by next Wednesday or Thursday. Until then I am tolerating things rather than living
Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I totally relate to the whole surviving bit. Those first days were far from superb....rather just making it through without stumbling. Way to go!