Notices

6 Months Sober - What's Changed

Old 10-19-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you! I just celebrated my 90 day-3 month mark and my next goal is 6 months and am so excited! Like you my life is so much different now and 100% better so I welcome the changes. It all started and ends with me! (Hug) to you! Congrats!
Just realized the first post is an old post..Lord I'm blond it takes me a minute to catch up! Congrats to the other celebrating their milestones today and me!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't seen Racer X for a long time but I hope he's hitting 5 years or so now
Congrats to everyone else here hitting 90

D
Old 10-19-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Its amazing how much better you look when you dont drink.

I dont see my parents often, but saw them this past weekend. My mom said I looked better than I have in years. I can believe that although I still get upset about bags under my eyes etc. But she said they were hardly noticeable. I guess I am still a little more self judgemental.

But the beer gut is gone. I havent really lost much weight maybe 5 or so lbs, but I was average weight to begin with. Just less bloating.

Its nice for other people to say things like that, just adds to why we are doing this.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm at 170 days so almost 6 months. Glad to see others doing well. I am enjoying looking better and the weight loss although the sugar monster is certainly back in my life...anxiety was a little better this week since I went to a group anxiety/depression therapy group the first time. I am renewing a relationship with my daughter--she tried 2-3 months ago but I just wasn't ready. Now I feel up to it and I'm thankful for that. I have 2 (1 yr. and 1 month respectively) grandaughters by her so this has been a huge issue and I'm not sure if I'd kept drinking if I would have had this opportunity again. My job is still a constant thorn in my side but I am opening up to the possibility of finding a new one eventually... am getting to more things I'd been neglecting. Also looking forward to better things...:-)