Notices

Day 14, how long before your complextion changes?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14, how long before your complextion changes?

I've had problems with my complextion and also my skin on other parts of my body. I went to the doctor and was told that it's excema and have gone through several medications, witch have helped, but I tend to beleive its just from all the drinking that I've done over the years. I know that a liver that is not at 100% can cause skin problems.

What have your exspiriences been like, and after you stopped drinking, how long until things changed?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm no dermatologist but I'd say give it at least a couple months before seeing a doctor about it. Are you eating well, drinking fluids, taking vitamins? All those things help with good skin, along with proper rest. Give it time.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm no day 19 and my face (rosacea)s started to clear up in a weeks time and my excema is just starting to clear up. My hands have healed up and I owe that not only to not drinking, but more water and vitamins and fresh fruits.

You'll see it. Just give it time.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have relatively mild psoriasis and since I've been trying to stay sober it is slowly dissipating. Psoriasis/Eczema is dry overproductive cells and alcohol robs the body (internally) from water so it makes sense that sobriety will help. I not exactly a dermatologist though