Notices

Feeling BETTER

Old 07-15-2010, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling BETTER

I'm on day three now and am starting to get back to normal. It's so nice to get up and not have that urge to drink. For all you folks out there that get the urge, you have to take a step back and remind yourself that drink will do you no good and take you deeper down.

Right now I just gringe at the thought of a beer. We must all think of the positives when we have that urge. I am not 100% just yet (maybe 85%), but by tomorrow I should be in good shape. I do NOT want to experience these withdrawals AGAIN!! Nasty Nasty Nasty!

I'm still feeling the effects of the shakes, foginess, blurred vision, heat flashes and cold sweats but nothing like the last two days.

Think positive and healthy people!

Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome that you're feeling better Cat so glad to hear it. Have a great day It's raining in England I hope it's nice and sunny there!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep strong and push through it! It wont be easy but things will get better.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better ans stronger....I am guessing? that you are also sleeping better? i have always had terrible problems with insomnia, for me a decent night's sleep means a world of difference.

sober sleep is so much better than drink induced sleep.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cat!! I was so happy to see this thread! I have been worried about you. Hope your stuff went well yesterday. TTYL.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome, good for you. Your almost past the nasty first few days, I'm just over a week now and every day is a HUGE improvement. Keep going or else you will do it all over again, and it will be even worse! Slipping up and restarting makes it worse for me as far as withdraw, but it also makes my confidence sink to a new low which makes it that much harder to get through the damned withdrawl symptoms!!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Cat

D
Old 07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

But.....

I'm tired.....

Worked my tush off out in this heat and it was nasty. But I'm home, took a shower and am winding down. Also doing laundry (bedding) and cleaning! Been pretty productive I'd say. And will be hittin the CLEAN bed early and will certainly get a good nights sleep. Last night was about six hours!

Nonetheless, I made it to work by 8:00 after confirming with the boss and he wasn't even there yet to open up. I was way ahead of the game today. The only issue I had today was just feeling a little foggy upstairs. Kinda wierd feeling, can't really explain it. But I'm all good now.

Stopped at Krogers and got a bunch of fruit and other stuff while passing right by the booze aisle. It didn't even phase me and had absolutely NO DESIRE!

I do have to say that it's been nice having the whole house to myself while shoveling out the rest of the beer cans from my room!

Thanks for all your thoughts! Everything is going as planned. And tomorrow I should be at about 99% pulled together. Thank goodness I wasn't affected any worse with the w/d's.... must have done something right.

I couldn't have done it without all of you!

And you probably won't be seeing so many of these from me