Notices

What I am doing different...this time

Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I am doing different...this time

Hello Group! I am on day 10 today. Feeling sooo much better. Still very tired, foggy thinking and a few times I have noticed that I said the wrong word like I said bathroom, when I meant to say garage..stuff like that. It is hard to concentrate on anything and I find myself "zoning out" all the time.

But on the good side..I have not had one drink of soda for 10 days also. I drank diet soda for the last 20 years...like a 2-liter a day. I have gotten my bicycle out of the rafters of garage and have been riding my bike for about 20 minutes a day for the last 4 days. Im drinking lotsss of water. I have a meditation book beside my bed and read it every night when I go to bed. ANDDDD.... I looked up a list of all the AA meetings in my area, and bookmarked it on puter. This may not seem like much..but for me its huge!!! I even thought about attending one last night..but didnt go. I promised myself I would start attending a few meetings.

I found out my husband is having an affair just about a month ago. I still feel lost and confused about it. one minute we are acting like all is ok, the next minute im crying..the next minute im MAD as heck. But at least I am starting to deal with it and let myself feel no matter how bad it is instead of drinking myself into a coma like I did the first two weeks after I found out. Ok...im finished rambling...thanks for listening!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow, you have a lot to deal with...congrats on your double digits and giving up the diet soda....i use seltzer with a splash of fruit juice instead.

you are dealing with your problems in a very healthy way, i wish you the best, keep posting here for support.