Notices

Newcomer to site and second time in recovery

Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Newcomer to site and second time in recovery

I don't know if this qualifies as a new thread. I'm in day two of my second recovery process. Made it 3 years and 8 mos last time. Really feeling encouraged this time and am heading to a meeting tonight. Looking for support and info and just a place to be w/ others like me.

It's true that once you are back out, the addiction comes back big-time. I'm looking forward to no hangovers, no side aches, no loss of memory and being present in life again.

Thanks for this site. I plan on visiting often.

(I'm new at posting and am trying to figure out the site, btw.)
Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Chella! I agree with you - I had 3 yrs. once and when I started up again it was way worse than ever. I then progressed to getting two DUI's, which I'd never had in my life, health issues, misunderstandings with people close to me, missed time at work - a long list of things that I never had in the past. I knew this disease was winning, and was going to take me down.

When I found SR it was by accident - I was googling health issues of "heavy drinkers" (still didn't want to call myself an alcoholic!). Up popped someone's post on SR and I've never left - I became fascinated with the stories, support, love, and healing represented here. You sound ready, and we are here to help.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks so much for your kind welcome. I am ready and will look here for help and support....and I'm hopeful I can return the favor.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, I'm new here as well...I'm trying again after a few slips, on day 7 today. I hear ya on the worse each time, it gets way worse for me each time I start the madness again, and it progresses a lot faster each time as well... therefore it gets harder to get back on track. This is a great place to hang out, very kind people here. Good luck to you!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Day two here for me and on day .5 for sobriety. This has been an awesome group of folks and so glad you found this site.

I was really hitting rock bottom yesterday am and searched for "alcoholic forums" and this was the first result. I can't seem to talk to anyone in person about my issues and find that this is an excellent form of communication for me. If I wouldn't have found this site I'd probably have a drink in my hand right now. But I'm finally feeling stronger and can get over the urge to drink.

It's so comforting to know that within a couple of days (hopefully) my body will be back to normal as well as my mind cleared from the alcohol.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Chella!

I'm new here too. This is my second day of recovery. I went 7 days a week ago but stumbled. This is a great site for support and I wish you the best in your recovery. I think as long as we keep checking in with SR in the morning and at night it will help to get through the day....... I know that is what I'm going to use to get through these difficult days.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Chella! Ditto for me - I had some good sobriety time and decided I could handle it differently (which, of course, didn't work for long). I know I'm better without it.

Glad you're here - you can do it!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family and congrats on starting over again. Lots of support and information here so post and read and learn, and don't pick up that first drink!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Chellabella
You too Bonbon!

Good to have you both here
D
Old 07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chellabella,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Chellabella,

It's true that once you are back out, the addiction comes back big-time

Yep, this was my experience too. I had 5 1/2 years sober on my own. I got complacent and thought I could have a beer with my steak dinner. I found out first hand why alcoholism is a progressive disease. Now I'm sober and doing AA this time. I don't want to go through that again.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Chella ....and Bonbon,

I was lucky to have, somehow ,found this site in April and it's been a great experience !

A very helpful tool in my recovery. Friendly bunch too.

Grateful in Carolina

Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks again! Went to a Celebrate Recovery meeting last night and was greatly encouraged. Day 3 sober starts right now!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Yea! I've never heard of Celebrate Recovery, but it sounds good! Congratulations on your third day and keep up the good work!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Chellabella to SR. You have found a site that is VERY, VERY supportive and you were led here for a reason. That's great you had that sober time. Its not out the door. Use it and reuse it. The tools that got you that time are not lost. Good for you for climbing back aboard.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are moving forward.....
Welcome!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome Chellabella and bonbon!! I can relate to relapse being worse each time...I started binge drinking this latest time..hadnt done that before. I remember at treatment..a guy was there talking bout a 3 day binge...and I was thinking ohh my that would never happen to me...lolol. But that is EXACTLY what did happen.