SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thank you to Sober Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/204965-thank-you-sober-recovery.html)

Jaffapoppy 07-12-2010 02:57 PM

Thank you to Sober Recovery

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone out there who offers their support and their stories. It means so much to my sanity that I can post here for support and read about others journeys. It makes it seem like I am travelling with others and not so alone on this path. It makes it seem more achievable and less lonely and less scary. Thank you very much:thanks

least 07-12-2010 03:26 PM

It's great to not feel alone, isn't it?:)

It makes it seem more achievable and less lonely
It sure does!:)

coffeenut 07-12-2010 08:12 PM

I agree, Jaffa.

We don't put a shout out to SR enough. It saved my life....and continues to do so.

artsoul 07-12-2010 08:55 PM

I found SR when I was finally ready to get sober. Coincidence? Hmm......

I'm right there with you, Jaff.:scoregood

Fandy 07-13-2010 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by coffeenut (Post 2650475)
I agree, Jaffa.

We don't put a shout out to SR enough. It saved my life....and continues to do so.

DITTO!!!! you all help me every day, thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!

"attitude of gratitude"

Opivotal 07-13-2010 06:03 AM

Jaffy,

I have to give my Thanks to everyone here also.....sure did help me those first couple of days when I was taking it hour by hour! Lets face it lonliness can be a motivator to slip up. Coming here makes the tough days bearable. Sharing is a wonderful gift. :lala

prospectkid 07-13-2010 06:29 AM

You Wrote My Post

I love being able to share the intense gratitude I have for my sobriety, and this site has been a major tool I have used to break the terrible cycle I had created.

Good things that have happened to me since I stopped drinking 70 days ago:
lost 15 pounds; skin looks nice and clear; no more pain in my gut, good poops!;saved hundreds of dollars; havent missed (or wanted to miss) work due to feeling like crapola; wife back in love with me; plugged in to my children and they are loving it; house projects getting done; friends commenting positively on my appearance and disposition; I can drive whereever I want, whenever I want; answering the phone instead of sending most calls to VM, good poops!.

So, thanks everybody. I am not a big poster, but I was excited about getting this out on here this morning. Now its back to work. Have a great day!

Toomutch 07-13-2010 06:31 AM

SR way key to my sobriety. I'm still sober 2 1/2 years later. Thanks SR!

a fallen man 07-13-2010 10:10 AM

sr has been the key to me not drinking.

it has made me a better husband, father, and person.

i truly thank the regulars that meet every newcomer with open arms and love.

and thank you for the thread.