Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

what do cake, devo, bassnectar and smashing pumkins have in common?

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

they played at a festival in louisville ky yesterday and i went......straight. lol.

my youngest son (17) won some tickets and we headed up there yesterday for an outdoor festival.

i just finished 10 months but i'll not lie....the triggers were there. beautiful hot day...great music and BEER everywhere...lol.

but you know what??? after the first 5 minutes i just started enjoying the music. it's the first time in many years that i attended music and can remember how good the bands actually were.

it finished around 12:40 louisville time and guess what??? i drove home. i wasn't passed out in the passenger seat making my son drive.

god, it feels good to be sober. i was amused by some of the drunks. nothing out of control. during bassnectar there was some kid drunk as hell behind me humping me like a dog humping a stuffed animal. he finally apologized for being up in my sh!t....i just laughed.

had we been at a piano recital for someone i might have had beef...when you're 5 rows back for bassnectar it comes with the territory.

i know it's hard to go to places where triggers are but you can still enjoy the hell out of something without being lit up.

love always,

david.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At least I will say "good job my friend."
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, Devo is still around? Reminds me of my college days, I have their debut album somewhere in my basement.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember DEVO... Loved their cover of "Satisfaction"...

Thanx for posting fallen... I posted something similar last week. We can do anything we want to, except drink!!