SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   11 Months Today - New Here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/204899-11-months-today-new-here.html)

baseballlover 07-11-2010 03:18 PM

11 Months Today - New Here

Hi everyone!

I am new to SR and wanted to introduce myself. I have been sober for 11 months and can't believe I made it this far. 11 months ago I was arrested for my second dui with one of my children in the car. As I was laying in jail that night I thought how much lower will you let it go? My 12 year watched me be arrested and drove away while my other daughter waited for me to pick her up at soccer practice (never made it there).

My husband has done all the driving for 11 months. We have 3 kids in a ton of activities. I couldn't hurt him anymore than I already have. I thank God everyday for my sobriety. Life is so much better.

least 07-11-2010 04:24 PM

Welcome to SR! :hug: And big hugs and congrats on your 11 months!:)

artsoul 07-11-2010 04:41 PM

Welcome baseballlover - Congratulations on your 11 months!:c011: I don't know how I escaped getting a DUI, but I can only imagine how tough that would have been for you with your children being so young.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate these days (have three kids myself and remember the days of bouncing back and forth between playing fields!). I hope you can take time for yourself, too. But how great that you're being such a good example for your kids now. That's awesome!:scoregood

I think you'll like it here. One thing that helps me stay sober is reading everyone's posts and checking in every day. Hope to see you around.

a fallen man 07-11-2010 04:44 PM

welcome about baseball lover.....i just got 10 months under my belt. a dui did not precipitate it but that could have been me several times...i just didn't get caught. this is a great place to strengthen your sobriety. good job amiga.

Anna 07-11-2010 04:50 PM

Welcome!

I'm sorry for what you have gone through. It's really hard to face the mess, when you're sober and forced to look at it. It sounds like you've done well, and I'm glad you found us.

CarolD 07-11-2010 09:31 PM

Well done on your sober time.....:funjump:
Welcome to our recovery coummunity

Blessings to you and your family

onestepforward 07-11-2010 11:03 PM

Congratulations and welcome! I am pretty new here myself. :grouphug:

Dee74 07-12-2010 12:49 AM

Hi baseballlover

Way to go on the 11 months :)

Welcome!
D

NEOMARXIST 07-12-2010 02:01 AM

Nice one on 11 months sober!!!

peace

coffeenut 07-12-2010 08:10 PM

Welcome to SR!

Wow...you've been through a lot....and, I like the path you've chosen.

I'm glad you're here!

kelsh 07-12-2010 08:32 PM

11 Months Today....WOW!

You must be one busy lady. I should have had DUI's too but somehow saw more cops on the road after I sobered up than before. :c029:

Time has gone by so fast for me I forgot to mention my AA Birthday which was July 10, 2010....Number 21....A lot of hard work in the begining and still try to help others with my experiences, strengths, & hope that did come true.

I love this Forum SR & come here everyday to keep myself tuned up. My husband says he doesn't think of it as that long of a time for me being sober but I know how awful it was and now the days go so fast. :day6

Keep coming back...we'll be looking for you to sign in every now and then when you find yourself some time.

kelsh

cat1961 07-12-2010 08:57 PM

Congrats Base Ball! What an awful thing with your child in the car.

I unfortunately am suffering from my fourth from a couple years ago and don't drive now. It has been hell on my pocket book and trying to get a real JOB, etc etc!

Good luck to you dear!