Notices

First time and nervous

Old 07-08-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
liability/access/toxic

First time and nervous

I've been sober from Crystal Meth for 27 days. I felt a friend I was getting high with. was becoming more and more distant after each time we got high. He talked of getting clean....I agreed but now he is even more distant. We are both clean now but he refuses to see me. This hurts, but I am strong right now, but I'm not sure why he won't be a friend anymore except in email. I am so hurt. I really enjoyed him, his personality, his company, and I'm feeling alone. welcome to my pity party

Last edited by SweetB; 07-08-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sweetB

I'm not sure whats going on with your friend...maybe time will sort it out?
You'll find a lot of friends here anyway

D
Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi SweetB, welcome to SR, we are all here for you, people heal differently and maybe your friend just needs more time, keep emailing them and encouraging them, keeeep strong and keep posting. Hugs
Old 07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SweetB,

Welcome to SR! And good job on your clean time! When my brother got clean from meth, he quit hanging around with anyone he'd done drugs with before because he said he was afraid he'd want to use. I guess it's kind of an "old places, old friends, old habits" kind of thing?

Are you using any kind of program? SR is a great place for information and support!
Keep reading and posting!

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Big Congrats on being clean from Meth! WoW! You should be so proud of yourself!!! And as far as your friend, try to not let effect you, and just concentrate on staying sober for now..

XO
Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats for being clean!

I cannot speak for your friend but perhaps in order for him to stay clean he needs to not be around things that remind him of being high?

I know for me if I see a certain person I used to dink with (or even hear a song that was playing while I was drink or drinking) I then CRAVE a drink and it's hard to shake the want.

Just be supportive still, and perhaps just ask him in and email for the reason why he is avoiding you.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

SweetB,

I'm sorry for your pain.

I hope that time will heal the wounds between you and your friend.

Congratulations on your sober life!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
liability/access/toxic

Thumbs up

Thanks for all your suppoprt!!! I am not in a program and just lost my health insurance. I am really stong now. This super strength has developed in the past week or so.
I don't totally understand the the practice of totally avoiding people, places, and things that may remind or cause cravings. Staying clean for my friendship is just one of the driving forces that gives me strength. I could understand his avoidance if I was still using or encouraging him to use, but the risk of losing the friendship is a great motivator in staying clean. I have told him this. I feel demonized and it's hard to think he still cares about me. I mean using drugs is escaping reality, but avoiding people, places etc is escaping the things that are always there. I think these things are better dealt with by accepting that they exist and overcoming what you used to assocaiate them with. I guess everyone has their own methods, but please realize how demoralizimg, offensive, and downright painful that person feels to be demonized as dangerous and undesirable to be your friend.
Once again thnk you all for your support!!!!!!!!