Notices

help there is a case of wine in my house

Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'd give it away. My parents gave me a bottle of wine the other day and I gave it to a friend that same day.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just get rid of that poison!!! the longer you have it around..the more tempting it will be for you!!! Go around to your neighbours, and leave a bottle each at their doorstep!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

btw...:day1
Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Either give it away or pour it away. NOW!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

if it bothers you to have it around get rid of it... anyway you wish.
on another note and I really hope no one is offended but since this is a forum for expressing things that bother us..... i get a really weird reaction to hearing people speak of booze as something bad, that it's evil and should be destroyed?? I'm in a place where I feel me + booze is bad.. I guess to get through life I feel I have to be at peace with my decision and placing blame on the alcohol (if that's what I'm reading) isn't going to put me there... dunno maybe I'm weird, or not normal..
Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JJB

Sorry if it's me who has made these comments that bother you.
I am only on day three of sobriety (after many attempts)and I guess i'm just doing that to countereffect the adverts I see around me telling me that a glass of wine is nice.
I'm trying to do what it takes to keep me sober.I'm trying to change the way I think of a glass of wine in my head.
I apologize if this disturbs other people's recovery.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Heathen

My house is alcohol free as well. I think it's fine to do whatever you wish with it.. I would get rid of it, I'm a non-drinker. If you feel it's your friends' business to know that you quit drinking, tell her.. or get ready to pour it out again next year. Of course alcohol isn't the 'problem', however for a newly sober person who doesn't drink, why have it in the house? That's like me having steaks in my fridge.. I'm a vegetarian.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Originally Posted by notnormal View Post
if it bothers you to have it around get rid of it... anyway you wish.
on another note and I really hope no one is offended but since this is a forum for expressing things that bother us..... i get a really weird reaction to hearing people speak of booze as something bad, that it's evil and should be destroyed?? I'm in a place where I feel me + booze is bad.. I guess to get through life I feel I have to be at peace with my decision and placing blame on the alcohol (if that's what I'm reading) isn't going to put me there... dunno maybe I'm weird, or not normal..
I agree with you, though it doesn't bother me when people refer to drugs/alcohol as bad. I'm of the opinion that inanimate objects don't have attributes that we humans apply to everything. They just "are". As it pertains to drugs/alcohol, they aren't bad, they're just bad for me. Are guns bad? What about the gun used to defend the attempted murder of your mother? So on and so forth. Things aren't bad, what people do with them may or may not be.

This has been freeing for me to realize that the drugs weren't the problem, that I am the problem.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone well i gave one bottle away, the rest are hanging in the wine rack. Not tempted yet. Will give the rest away only 5 more bottles to give away. Two days and drinking tea .
Old 07-07-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

bochuck,

Your best call would be to get rid of it all as soon as possible. My worst impulses pretty much came on suddenly at strange times. Give yourself space to think it through. And congrats on the two days!

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

what is your reason for keeping 5 bottles of wine in your house in your first week of sobriety?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It came via U.P.S on my bday.from a friend Ithat lives far away. I havent told her because she lives thousands of miles away. So I gave one to a neighbour yesterday and gave 3 more away they were red. The only people I know only drinks red. I only have 2 more white to get rid of. I thought this would be terrible and I would WANT them. But actually it is a good test because I don't care and feel strong and liberated that it is here and I don't care. On the other hand i am still going to find a home for the last two bottles. as others have said I may just grab one spur of the moment without thinking and drink it, if i drink one i will drink two. Thanks for everyones help. june 12th sober date still doing good thanks to all of you.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Heathen

you don't need a TEST. Pour it out.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

IMO, what you've got is an explosive mixture.

Alcoholism is the fuel and the wine sitting in your rack is the spark.

Your addicted mind will tell you that you deserve it, you can control it, just one won't hurt.

The timing is perfect too because as two, three and four days go by, you do begin feeling physically better so the rationale seems logical that just one wouldn't hurt.

It's a set-up. I've taken that test many times in the past and failed.

Celebrate Christmas in July and give it away immediately.

Happy Birthday nevertheless! Have a sober-sized piece of cake instead.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I see a lot of people here from time to time 'testing' themselves.

No offense to anyone but I've never got that.

I used to test myself too - I see it now as playing ego games, rationalising I was showing how strong I was, when in actually the fact I couldn't throw the stuff out only showed how controlled I was by my addiction.

You want a real test of strength? toss it out.

I think the addictive side of me liked having the booze there. Certainly with me it was always just a matter of time.

D
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

just so there's no confusion, I certainly don't feel people should put themselves in any more danger, temptation etc. than is necessary. It's hard enough just walking through life not drinking as it is.
I also agree with Dee that there is no reason to test oneself on purpose. Every day is a test of sorts and just getting through the day without drinking means you passed. Bad news is there is another, different test tomorrow..
My comments earlier were simply me wanting to keep my resentments to a minimum. I don't need to hate the alcohol, I just need to remember that I hate me when I drink it..
nn
Old 07-09-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
I never have alcohol in my house....
I'm a non drinker

Toss it in the nearest dumpster.
It's a toxic liquid.
That made me laugh right out loud hahaha. So true! Same here! Can't get rid of the stuff fast enough and have no use for it. Amen. LOL.

RR
Old 07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I have seen threads like this so many times this dis ease is not a test or a game its a fatal disease of addiction its main function is to kill us, thats you and me.

Don't play around, chuck it out and tell your friends and family, no need to make up excuses. I had one drink and that started a relaspe of 11 years which killed me.

When we use our destination is simply jails institutions and death, this ain't no test.

Kevin