Notices

A test to my commitment

Old 07-05-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A test to my commitment

It was one week ago today that i decided enough is enough and posted my first thread on SR. I cant say it was easy, but i found strength in reading the posts, as well as my original post. I spent the week taking care of myself, and kept remembering the comment that the cravings dont last long. I didn't realize that until i saw it posted. I've been to the gym, cleaned my house, and focused on getting those toxins out of my body..I did go out to dinner on Friday, and had 2 glasses of.....Pepsi!!...and had my annual BBQ on Saturday, wine free! Some of my "friends" tried to tempt me but i did stay strong. Each night I say thank you for this day and keep me in your loving hands for tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by todaystheday View Post
It was one week ago today that i decided enough is enough and posted my first thread on SR. I cant say it was easy, but i found strength in reading the posts, as well as my original post. I spent the week taking care of myself, and kept remembering the comment that the cravings dont last long. I didn't realize that until i saw it posted. I've been to the gym, cleaned my house, and focused on getting those toxins out of my body..I did go out to dinner on Friday, and had 2 glasses of.....Pepsi!!...and had my annual BBQ on Saturday, wine free! Some of my "friends" tried to tempt me but i did stay strong. Each night I say thank you for this day and keep me in your loving hands for tomorrow.
stay strong. There is so much out there other than booze. Your ability of perception will increase 10 fold. That leads to higher levels of self discovery, insights and understanding. Good luck on the journey.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing great!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! you are on the right track!! I found social gatherings abit testing in the first few weeks of sobriety, I armed myself like you did with my favourite soft drink!! and definetely felt better the next day for it!!!

Keep up the great work!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Well done! That is wonderful news. You did really great at your gathering. Im sure each time you will feel stronger!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That's really great, TTD! Wow, and with your friends trying to tempt you - that's a real challenge! Like Anna said, you're doing great, and each additional day of sobriety is going to bring more and more good stuff.

Congratulations on your first week!!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is so great! I am proud of you!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HFA

congrats on your week. And nice job with the social setting.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well Done!

XO
Old 07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats TTD!

D