Notices

Independence Day!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Independence Day!

Hey my fellow sr's

Just wanted to share that I had a really good 4th. After 34 days of sobriety...this is the first 4th of july that I haven't been blitzed! I spent a beautiful day out with a friend who has 30+ years of sobriety. Beautiful weather, beautiful day. Completely sober with only trace amounts of anxiety. Had a great lunch which digested well as my body has been healing itself. It was really an inspiration to me, and something I will treasure when the bad times move in. Been feeling closer and closer to a healthier me a little at a time.

Thanks for all the support.

Today I declare my independence from alcohol.

Happy 4th of July

Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats onestepforward

D
Old 07-04-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Great job on a Sober 4th! You know what's funny? I was working all day, in a restaurant and serving booze, and didn't once think about the fact that this was my first non-drinking July 4th. I was just thinking about being at work while my friends got to see fireworks and grill out and stuff, but didn't realize I'd been hammered on just about every Independence Day since I was 18, except this one. That thought never even occurred to me until I saw your post.

There's a lot of "firsts" in this first year of sobriety, and I gotta say I'm enjoying most of them. Some are rather unpleasant, but I feel likely necessary for my recovery. Here's to many more good "firsts" in the future! Keep it up!