Notices

My first post....

Old 07-04-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first post....

Hello everyone! bare with me, my first time trying an online sober community forum. Well im 27 and finally realizing and accepting that im an addict. Its really hard to step back and look at the person ive become, when inside I know who the real me is. I try my best to do the right things, but I always seem to find my way toward negativity. I was clean for almost a year and half from herion/drinking/ other drugs, then this past week I fell back into my old cycle of drinking and doing other drugs becides herion. I seem to think everything is ok but herion and use that to make myself not feel guilty about what im doing. I realize im a great manipulator/liar when I have to be. I just feel I was missing something during my sober year and half, I was not happy inside. I felt I did it for other reasons then for myself, so im open to other ways to tackle this. I have great parents that support me, but its hard to talk with someone who just does not totally understand. I just hope to meet good people that can help lead me in the right direction, it would be great to talk with people with similar issues and hear other storys. I hope to be a good positive asset to this community, thanks for the time and space.

Jason
Old 07-04-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

You said that in your year and half sober, you had done it for other people. I don't think that can work in the long-term. You really need to want it and do it for yourself. Believe that you are worth it.

I know that I had to re-connect with my spiritual side in order to be able to recover. I had to find a purpose in life, something to sustain me. I hope that you continue to read and post here, and I know that you will find lots of support.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Hi and Welcome,

You said that in your year and half sober, you had done it for other people. I don't think that can work in the long-term. You really need to want it and do it for yourself. Believe that you are worth it.

I know that I had to re-connect with my spiritual side in order to be able to recover. I had to find a purpose in life, something to sustain me. I hope that you continue to read and post here, and I know that you will find lots of support.
Thanks for the welcome! But yes I agree about the whole sober for others and wanting it for myself. I can start with being honest to myself and realizing that I am worth it, I def agree with you.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Boosted. You will find a lot of support and encouragement here.

Melissa
Old 07-04-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Welcome to our family, i am sure you will find lots of support here, keep posting.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm new too and I don't understand how all this forum stuff works but we'll figure it out.

Have a great positive day.

Jo
Old 07-04-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi boosted - keep posting and reading. I know you'll find a lot of support here, like I did. I keep in touch with people here at least once a day (but often more like 3 times) and it's really made a big difference for me.

I'm glad you're here and have decided to take back your life again. You can do it!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcomes!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Like you Boosted and JoJo, I'm new too. Had my last drink last Thursday and last night woke at 2 am wanting a beer. BADLY.

Even to the point I was trying to figure out which store was a 24 hour one.

Then I logged on here instead. I just read posts and in about an hour was back in bed trying to sleep.

Just knowing the group was here helped me through a rough spot and I for one am glad this group is here.

We are here for each other and thank you for posting. It's a wonderful group and thank you all.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JennyMac View Post
Like you Boosted and JoJo, I'm new too. Had my last drink last Thursday and last night woke at 2 am wanting a beer. BADLY.

Even to the point I was trying to figure out which store was a 24 hour one.

Then I logged on here instead. I just read posts and in about an hour was back in bed trying to sleep.

Just knowing the group was here helped me through a rough spot and I for one am glad this group is here.

We are here for each other and thank you for posting. It's a wonderful group and thank you all.
I know how that feels, me being so compulsive one minute i feel ok, then one thing leads to another im at the bar drunk, now looking for drugs. Hopfully I can stay grounded and strong, I know I can do it, so can you! good luck with everything!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jason

I was an alcoholic but I totally agree we need to do it for ourselves.

You'll find a lot of support here - a lot of folks who've been there and changed their lives

You may also want to check out our substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Good to have you with us
D