Notices

Back again...

Old 07-04-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again...

It's been just a little over a year since I last posted. Antabuse kept me going for another month and then, with a few exception, I was binge drinking every weekend. Friday to Sunday and sometimes it would continue onto Monday. This last week I just went overboard and binged from Monday to Friday. It was terrible so I'm back once again after all these years fighting with my alcoholism. I managed to keep sober in the past for up to six months at a time so I know I can do it. Not much to say today, still feeling a little weird and guilty. Just wanted to share.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome back! What do you think you can do different this time? I know I couldn't do it without a lot of support.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

DP - Welcome back. Your drinking pattern was very simular to mine. I am also knew here. I also want to stay sober. I once had, I believe it was 7 months sober. Looking back, I believe I stayed sober for the wrong reason. It wasn't for me, it was for something else. I say "was simular to mine" because we need to put our drinking in the past. Binge drinking is pure Hell! It is a very dark place. You would know what it does to me. Paranoia, depression, anxiety, the death of many brain cells. I am a pretty physical active person when sober and I would look at my muscles after bingeing and wonder what am I doing to myself. Total dehydration! We really do need an education on what this alcohol does to us both physically and mentally. Not to mention; financially, struggles with the law, relationships. So many things are effected by drinking. I know by experience, this disease is progressive. When I binge drink, I drink myself into a stuper. I believe if I continue; I am either going to end up in jail or worse, dead. I can't afford this. I rely on myself in sober situations and I have people that love me, who rely on me. My prayer for you is that this is your final time and you realize that you like me have to change. Take a good look at yourself. And be honest. God bless you.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back!

Did you make any other changes in your life besides stopping drinking?

Please know that many of us have had to try multiple times before we stopped for good.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome back DP. I know it is hard to control. My longest timewas 5 month and when I look back I was so happy. Then I got back with my BF and everything started again....... It is the pressure he put on me plus that he tempts me with ahving parties and lots of booze in the house. I made a rule that I do not want any alcohol in my house and he breaks it and laughs at me, obviously he does not understand the struggle. I am fine as longas its not right in fornt of me. He used to buy a bottle of wine, bring it to the house and say lets see how long it will be there. Who does something like that. Well now he is gone and I am back getting sober again. day 17 for me.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Drink lots of water...
Old 07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi DP

I think Annas right - for me anyway, I had to do more than just not drinking - I had to change myself and my life, if I wanted to leave my drunken life behind.

You already know you'll find a lot of support here

Welcome back!
D