Notices

Day one-again

Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one-again

Dear all

Here we go again, have hit bottom. Have disgusted myself beyond comprehension too many times now and just cant do it any more. This is it, from now on there is no looking back, only forward and sobriety is the only way I want to live. I have been here before, for 2 precious months earlier this year the wonderful people of this forum helped me through some bad times until I blacked out and imagined myself finding comfort in the bottle again. That delusion has now lifted and I know where real support is to be found, right here on the path to recovery together with people who are going through the same thing.

So I am back and I need you once again, this time for real, this time for good.

Will now join the class of July 2010 and I hope to do this journey with fellow survivors and in time, once I have something to give I hope to be able to help someone else as well.

To be a bit cheesy, today is the first day in the rest of my life and what a life it is going to be!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Limbo75

D
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

Its good to see you back Limbo! We have all fallen down but the important thing is getting back up and learning from our past mistakes. Don't be too hard on yourself, dust yourself off and move on. You can do it!

Looks like you are the very first of July 2010!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Welcome back, keep with us and we will help you best we can. You can do this, keep focused on your goal!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Limbo - Every time I went back to drinking it eventually ended up the same way for me, too. I guess we might as well make this time stick! Good for you for coming back with determination!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Best of luck on your new journey.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

:ghug3..hey..you'll be better this time around..I bet...Ozy..
Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you remembered we are here....
Welcome back
Old 07-01-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dear all

A warm thanks from the bottom of my heart for your words of welcome, feels good to be back here. Reading up on peoples experienced and recognizing myself in so many others. Today was day 4, feels great, I made a promise to myself, my HP and I asked for support in living up to that promise. I know that as an alcoholic I have no control, not over my drinking nor over my sobriety but I can commit to organizing my life around positives and in a way that supports me to live with a clear head. Have been here on the sobriety high before so I know how quickly it can change, a sneaky sneaky disease this is, but I will relish in this high as long as it lasts and remind myself of how good life can be when it turns for the worse.

I wish you all the best in your efforts and thanks again for being there for me and everyone else in my position!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back and well done for your positive outlook, you deserve all the good things that are waiting for you in your recovery.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dear all

Let me just say a thank you again for all the support on this forum, am now on day 17 and I have never really ever felt like this before while freeing myself from alcohol. It has so far not been difficult, no cravings, no difficult days, just peace within in a strange way. That is also why I have not been posting here or seeking support from others, after 15 years of drinking and an endless amount of attempts to stop I feel like I have finished my quota and am free. I know it is dangerous to take this to lightly and with this sneaky disease it has a way of creeping up on you, but I just feel fine and happy and free. Going to parties does not bother me, seeing my house-mates drink does not bother me and I don't feel like I have to prove something to myself, I just don't think about it to be honest. I am sober and that is how I want to spend my life.... I am also not overeating or compensating with candy or excessive amounts of anything really, have never experienced this before.

Anyway, I would never have been where I am today if it were not for you all and reading your stories and seeing that it is possible. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That's wonderful Limbo!!! I know about the "endless attempts to stop" and also feel that SR had everything to do with my success.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success today!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's good to hear you're doing well!