Notices

I'm Grateful

Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb I'm Grateful

My sponsor taught me a lot today. I'm alive. I'm grateful for that. Life is a gift. I have resources to help me recover from my addiction. I'm grateful for that. Before I was selfish, whining, feeling sorry for myself. Those thoughts only led me to drink and do drugs. In order for me to recover I have to be able to wake up and thank God that I'm alive, then thank him that I'm sober. If it wasn't for AA I'd probably be dead, drinking/drugging was leading me to put a bullet in my head. I just hope that I can maintain this attitude. 23 years ago I was given the greatest gift anyone could be given. I was born, I was granted the gift of life. I hope I don't throw that gift away by giving into my addictions.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, great to hear your change of heart & change of thinking. Give sobriety a chance and things will start looking up
Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Suic,

Sounds like you're really finding your way.

I remember what a relief it was for me to finally comprehend , I was not "the center of the universe " .....because the desperate, drinking/drugging self absorbed person I had become hadn't the foggiest clue what it meant to be grateful. Grateful, like you said, to be alive ; even.

Like you,........... this morning, ..... and later tonight before I go to sleep,
........grateful to be sober one more day.

Grateful to know I'm really only responsible for my efforts, and realizing I have absolutely no control over the outcome of them.

Stay Strong ....and thanks for the post tonight.

Sober in Carolina

Old 06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Good to hear Suic, good to hear.

My original comment to you still stands - as a fellow Minnesotan, you have some great, genuine, local support!

I hope to see more posts from you soon!

Blessed be,
WW