Notices

Day Four Tomorrow - July First!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Four Tomorrow - July First!

Goodness, I can't believe day three is almost over. Today was absolutely boring, but really not all that tough.

I am starting to realize that it is all about choices. There are good choices and bad ones. I simply have to believe that I'll make the right one when the time comes. Since I have decided to stay sober I have had two drinks stashed in my crisper. I've resisted temptation which makes me all the more proud. Does it sound weird that I feel safe knowing they are there?

Tomorrow is July first, and while most are out partying and drinking, I will remain at home or perhaps at the tennis court. I can't even remember the last time I spent a Canada day SOBER! I am actually excited. I simply have to be confident in myself to make all the right choices tomorrow!

I suppose I just needed to rant about how proud and HAPPY I am. Not sure that this was the right place to post, but anyhow. Thanks everyone for all your support and HAPPY CANADA DAY everyone. Be strong and SAFE!

BRING ON DAY 4!

Dianna
Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your day 4! The boredom gets to me as well - probably the biggest trigger of my urges to drink. When I am bored I get on here, or try to motivate myself to get my house organized in some way.

I don't know if I could handle having alcohol in my house right now - I don't get those posts where people say that they went and dumped all of their alcohol out.. I would NEVER have any left to dump out..always drank til it was gone..

Have a Happy Canada Day! (not really sure what that is, but it sounds fun! and sounds like you have made good, smart choices for spending your day! Good for you
Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Dianna

D
Old 06-30-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on getting to day 4! I find that I'm having those feelings of boredom (what do I do with myself?) less and less as time goes on. Things are starting to interest me again and I'm adding new things to my life, almost without trying. So keep focused on staying sober "for today" and be patient with yourself and your feelings. It really does get better!!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alright, way to go on four days Wishing you a sober Canada Day, go hit the courts!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Canada day AND happy sober new life!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HFA

Congrats on day 4. Im right there with you. Day 4 on July 1, my daughters 10th birthday.

Lets both keep up the good fight.