Notices

men!!!! What woudl you do if you would be me?

Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry men!!!! What woudl you do if you would be me?

So to all who read my notes so far, you know I left 10 years of an abusive relationship (or he left me). Well he has no income and is trying to build up his company (for 10 years) and I supported, paid his food etc for him for the last 10 years. He blamed me for everything (never moved a finger, I mowed the lawn, shoveled the snow, I went to work and afterwards cleaned the house, did the laundry and cooked dinner only for him to complain about something else and telling me that for me iet is easy sinc eI have a good job and he is in such a bad position his life is out of control).
So once he left, he called me 2 month ago from africa (he was there and opaid for the flight there by credit card (his)) and asked me to help him out. He told me he booked a hotel and they increased the rate on him and he cannot talk to them. He asked me to talk to them and google the internet to find out how much they usually charge. Well I tried to understand him being in a froeign country and googled the internet and it turned out the price they charged him was the correct one, so he must have misunderstood. I told this that there is nothing I could do and he was angry and hung up on me. Next thing I know I have a $500 charge on my credit card (which I forgot I gave him for emergency reasons) with the hotel charge. I called him and he told me he did not remeber giving my card. (I cancelled it). Now I got a phone call 2 month later, no apologies or so, where he asked me since he is still out of the country to sent a letter for him with a $85 check to a goverment agency, since otherwise he has to pay a late fee when he comes back to the US. Is it just me or am I taken advantage off. What would you do if you would be me. I don't want to be rude, I think maybe him being abuse was a) I did not set bounderies and b) I was an alkie and not easy to deal with.....
so any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cancel your credit cards and change your phone #. God Bless
Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

I'm not a man, but I'd also say change your phone number. Why are you taking his calls??
Old 06-30-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Are you being taken advantage of? I think that would be putting it mildly, SASA! I just can't even begin to tell you what is "wrong with this picture!" You say you broke it off, right? I'm assuming you don't have children with this person, so there's no reason he should be calling you.

I don't know if there's any way to get your money back from the credit card company. Some companies have protection from people that use your card without authorization.

In any case, run for the hills when you see his number on your caller ID and don't spend one more minute feeling bad for him, OK?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Heathen

Oh, and any further fraudulent charges on my card = police report.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

He left you, he was the one complaining, he is the one who went to Africa, oh, and months ago.
Move On! If you let people take advantage of you, well, they just will keep on taking advantage of you, that simple!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
part time member

since he is still out of the country to sent a letter for him with a $85 check to a goverment agency
The year .... 2010....we have bill pay now...over the internet doesn't matter what county you are in!

I'm sorry but you had better Run and don't look back. I hope you didn't pay that $500 bill! I'm glad you cancelled your cards.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

great advice here SASA

D
Old 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just wanted to make sure it was not me. He actually told to a friend that I enslaved him and every man around me. (he thinks its one of my tricks) I worked during the day, came home, cleaned the dishes, prepared supper, did the laundry, made repairs around the house, vacuumed on saturdays in the afternoon, since he liked to sleep in, paid all the bills and whe we went groceryshopping paid. He always selected the most expensive foods and told me when I said something he would starve rather then buy junk food. Well so I bought and ate junk food myself and got overweight (well plus the alk to forget). Of course he complained about me being fat. He cheated on me 3 times. Any exercise I did he complained it was not efficient enough and the right one. At the christmas party at work, he started dancing and flirting with the secretaries of our company, making me look like a fool. So why do I even miss this guy????? All people who know me and him tell me run..... I am runnig for the hills and hopefully have the strength to never look back or answer the phone again........
Old 06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't take his calls, distance yourself from him any way that you can.

Move on with your life.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Good Girl!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

So you enslaved him by working, cooking and cleaning??? CAN I BE THE NEXT ONE?!!!

You sound like you deserve better - Seriously you do and just keep moving on...