SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Ive messed up ...... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/204148-ive-messed-up.html)

Eponine 06-30-2010 04:51 AM

Ive messed up ......

had a terrible morning - moods beyond belief - fought with my partner and succumbed to alcohol. Giving up ..................

californiapoppy 06-30-2010 04:55 AM

Ok, so you've messed up, don't give up. We all mess up. Pick yourself back up, and keep posting, that was a smart move!

Wilde10 06-30-2010 04:59 AM

Eponine,
I did mess up too the last 3 days... What about joining me in my day1 again. If you have drunk it will be difficult to say anything else. I mean you have already given up when you reached the glass. However, I hope you will be back and read when your mind can fight this again.. It is useful to keep reading at least.

Adepitice 06-30-2010 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Eponine (Post 2639938)
had a terrible morning - moods beyond belief - fought with my partner and succumbed to alcohol. Giving up ..................

"Had a really good morning - I was really excited - got a good grade at an exam, HAD to party so I succumbed to alcohol"

"Had a boring morning - I was felling lonely - Got nothing to do, so I HAD to drink"

Just to say that every day was good for me to drink and I could find thousands of reasons a day to pick up a drink, but only one not to do it: because I don't want to!

Wish you all the best.

Opivotal 06-30-2010 06:56 AM

Everyone here has "MESSED UP" at one time or another. No reason to give up HOPE or roll over and let the alcohol WIN. Pick yourself up and start again. Take it an hour at a time if necessary. Thats what I did the first day. Stayed on SR and read until I couldn't see anymore. But the hours past and I made it through.

I've done this TWICE failed the first time after one week. Now on day 28 and still hanging in there. I refuse to let alcohol win! YOU can beat this addiction.

Try again we're all rooting for you!! GOD BLESS

Anna 06-30-2010 07:03 AM

The main thing is never give up.

Learn from your experience. You can find healthy, new ways to deal with stress.

loveon2legs 06-30-2010 07:05 AM

Don't give up on yourself!! I know all to well the stresses with a partner at times....don't hurt yourself over it hun....make your sobriety your number 1!!!!

artsoul 06-30-2010 07:12 AM

Like everyone else has said, don't give up. Sleep it off, get a good cup of coffee or tea and come back and talk to us. We're all behind you!

Fandy 06-30-2010 07:24 AM

we mess up, we pick up and move forward....so bickering with the partner is a trigger...now you know you use it as an excuse.

I hope you do not give up, you owe it to yourself.

DrivingVacation 06-30-2010 07:28 AM

You messed up. That's ok. It's what you do from here that counts. You know where that road leads and on that road a fight with your partner is going to be the least of your worries. Or you can choose to pick yourself up and brush it off and get to back to improving your life one minute at a time.

revelation7 06-30-2010 08:57 AM

S* C'mon back...... no one gets things "right" the first time. No one learns anything w/o making mistakes - i agree with everyone here. We should try not to take part in "black and white thinking" ie, "i've slipped -therefore i'm a total loser, i'm hopeless, etc. For me, it helps to think of this as a "war" I'm at war with the enemy - he's sly, a liar - and ultimately what does "HE" want? he wants to back me into a dark corner where i have no more hope - where i feel despicable, worthless, and in that corner - i'll listen to all of his LIES, and from there... he can take my life - bc i KNOW thats what he ultimately wants - he wants me DEAD. He is my ENEMY - and i HATE him. I Hate him with a passion ive never felt for or about anything else. He is vile beyond words, a murderer of hope and life.
Come back, FIGHT!!! Don't let him have his way
THERE IS LOVE HERE! THERE IS LIFE HERE! THERE IS HOPE HERE! THERE IS FORGIVENESS HERE!
If it was your best friend here., what would YOUR response be if they slipped? Would you tell them they were hopeles? would you tell them they made a mistake, and therefore just GIVE UP?? i'm betting NOT ---- think about what you would say to them, and then, give yourself that same forgiveness and love.
Every minute of everyday is an opportunity for a new beginning =)
We LOVE you, you are worthwhile, beautiful to us and to God.

least 06-30-2010 02:47 PM

I messed up too, over and over. But I never gave up and with the support of my friends here, and my counselor, i kept trying again... and now have almost seven months. Please DON'T give up on yourself. Forgive yourself for your slip, learn from it, and move forward again. You CAN do it!!:)

Dee74 06-30-2010 02:51 PM

Lots of good advice...we all messed up trying to move from addiction to recovery, Ep.
You're amongst friends :)

D

CarolD 06-30-2010 04:38 PM

Many of us had false starts on our way to solid sobriety
:hug:.....I lost count of how many times I started over.

Please stop as quickly as possible
and get back on track.

We do understand and we care about your well being
:yup:

super71 06-30-2010 05:28 PM

I am guessing that we have all done the same - - I know I have many, many, many times. But get up, dust yourself off, and keep posting - we are here no matter what.

SASA 06-30-2010 05:42 PM

please pick yourself up, try again and you will see it will work better. each time you try again, you learn until you will not use anymore. Its the trying that gets us to succeed. as everybody we all messed up, but as somebody here said, you need to forgive yourself

Dinamic 06-30-2010 05:43 PM

Just know that it is not the end of the world. You've done it before and you can take the sober route again! You've got us all cheering you on. Don't be down on yourself. Get up, dust yourself off and let's do it again! You can do it!!! :c011:

Best of luck!!
Dianna

eleanor 06-30-2010 05:55 PM

I've "slipped up" so many times. That's how I knew I had a problem with alcohol. Tomorrow is Day 1 all over again. Don't give up.

alexvt 07-01-2010 01:54 PM

Day 1 Day 2 Day 5000 they are just numbers! So you were weak, who isn't? Today is a New DAY! Get over it, stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on...Were all here waiting and wanting to help you.

XO

HFA 07-01-2010 02:05 PM

TRY TRY TRY again. If it was easy and everyone got it the first time, there would be no need for support groups or counselors or detox centers. Just millions of people walking around who used to "just drink"