Notices

Checking in

Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

Hi everyone, just checking in. Day 6 and doing well. I have made a lot of progress in changing my routines and habits to avoid isolating myself at home which is where I did most of my drinking. Ironically, that includes sitting in front of the TV all the time playing on the laptop which is the reason for the infrequent posts. I do check into read each night and am still here.

I used to race home to both my wine and my dog and the only thing I miss right now is my dog. I find myself finding more ways to get out, walk, swim or just window shop, although a pizza dinner with part of the family made me glad to be home again last night. I am sure I am not the only one with some strange family relationships although for the most part they are great and the disfunction is far from extreme. They just make me nuts! My sister used to tell me I was adopted which upset me. Now I try to tell people I was adopted! They never believe it, we look too much alike! Gotta have a sense of humor!

Other than that I have the next four days off and plenty of plans with non drinking friends, plenty of TV to catch up on, and lots of books to read. I also have plans to go to the movies and will have more time to read and post. I hope the best for everyone to have a great holiday sober!!

Melissa
Old 07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool, keep it up
Old 07-01-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Sobriety for me is having a totally new lifestyle. One that supports my recovery as well as changes me dramatically into a different person. Keep up with good progress!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on 6 days - almost a week! It's great that you're doing things differently and trying to add positive things to your life. The first week, I was glad if I managed to do the dishes that day! I had no energy at all. It's gotten alot better since then, and it will keep getting better for you too.

Keep up the good work and just focus on doing what you need to do for you!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Mel

D