Notices

Day 11

Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Day 11

Hi everybody. Today is day 11 for me. I woke up feeling pretty good. Then I suddenly got a headache. I haven't had a headache that wasn't caused by alcohol in years. It's not the same kind of headache. It's hard to describe but it feels different. Am I actually going to take some tylenol or advil without being hungover!?!! Seems kind of funny-(but not really). I finally went for my gym orientation yesterday. I need to do something about this muffin top. The last time I quit drinking I gained about 7 lb. I started to lose a little of that when I started drinking again but I don't care. I'd rather work my ass off at the gym and eat better than drink it away. I was thinking about a member that made a post about how they fell off the wagon. I don't want to name any names out of respect for their privacy. But most of you probably know already. I was thinking about them because I commented on how they ended up falling off the wagon. The circumstances were all too familiar. I guess it hit close to home. I've been in this same scenario so many times. I've even told myself I wasn't going to drink. I honestly didn't really want to drink in my heart. But I couldn't control myself. I have learned from those mistakes. From now on if an offer to go and do something involves friends with alcohol, I have to decline the outing. I may want to go and it may sound like a lot of fun. But I just can't so I just won't. It won't be easy to say no but I will. I have a whole suitcase full of alcoholic excuses why I can't do things that either don't involve alcohol or that I'm too hung over to do or it might interfere with my drinking time. I'm planning on utilizing these to avoid alcohol activity. I'll just turn it around. Believe me, if they're disappointed, they'll get over it the second they pop that first beer or sip that first drink. And if I'm lonely or bored I always have this site or school or a sober friend and last but definitely not least, my family. Back to the subject. I said some comments to the poster about falling off the wagon that I hope I don't ever have to eat. Although they say most fall at least once or twice during their journey to sobriety. I felt let down because I could see myself doing the same thing. I hope I wasn't too hard on them. When someone is down they don't need to be kicked. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey SS, I just wanted to say congrats on Day 11! Thats me tomorrow.
Have a good day!

XO
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 11 days sober, and good for you for learning from your mistakes. That's great!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're in double digits! Way to go!!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You've been through the hardest days. Hang in there! It gets way better.