SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   1 week (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/203899-1-week.html)

alexvt 06-26-2010 08:22 AM

1 week

Hey all!
Made it through my first week!! That rocks! Feeling so much better! Still have the anxiety, insomnia, but not as much. I am probably jumping the gun but feel like i am on top of the world. I haven't had any cravings this week, but i am sure that will change. But for now, with your help i am SOBER with no hangovers!! YAY! Going to a meeting as soon i get a little more sleep, found a place 2 blocks from house. Wow i hope it keeps getting better, the thought of alcohol turns my stomach at this point.

Just saying...Def worth the hellish week i had this week..

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Alex - (Beth)

Anna 06-26-2010 08:37 AM

Hi Beth,

It sounds like you're doing great!

sleepie 06-26-2010 09:51 AM

That's god to hear :) Keep it up, maybe find a sponsor and congrats on your first week!

ANGELINA243 06-26-2010 10:10 AM

Congrats on 7 days! :c011: Let us know about the meeting after you go. Keep moving forward. We do recover.

alexvt 06-26-2010 10:13 AM

Thanks Guys, and will let you know how 1st meeting goes. Going to see how i feel on Monday and if i get some sleep will go.

Alex (Beth)

least 06-26-2010 12:19 PM

The first week can be very rough. Congrats on getting thru it.:hug: And thanks for posting your success, it's inspiring to all of us, newcomers and oldtimers alike, to read it!:)

IrishEyes88 06-26-2010 12:41 PM

Alex/Beth, What was so hellish about it? In 6 days I hope to be where you are, and I'm kind of worried about what's to come.

I know that no 2 people react the same to quitting, but i'm just curious about your experience.

WhiteWave 06-26-2010 01:07 PM

Hi Beth; CONGRATS!!!!!
That first week is soooooo hard for most of us, what with the anxiety, and all the physical symptoms. I'm so happy for you that you've made it this far already!

After the first week, I'd say it's really a good time to start being good to your body. Treat yourself to some really super-healthy meals, even if they're really tiny. Or, if you're appetite is fully back, go for broke and make something huge! Also, if you haven't started to already, start getting a multivitamin and/or a b-complex supplement in daily. Oh! And drink a bunch of stuff with electrolytes - gatorade and the like. Maybe get working on some simple breathing exercises.

No matter what, congrats!

Blessed be,
WW

eleanor 06-26-2010 01:13 PM

Congratulations Beth! A week is awesome!

I am on day 9. Went to a meeting today and got my "desire" chip. It felt good! Let us know how your meeting goes!

coffeenut 06-26-2010 01:22 PM

You sound well! Keep it going!

alexvt 06-26-2010 01:28 PM

Irisheyes88, What made it hellish for me was the insomnia and anxiety and stomach problems. For me the anxiety caused me to have panic attacks and be paranoid. I didn't have cravings for alcohol per say, but my body was and still is completely out whack! It's getting better and better...But the lack of sleep catches up with me by mid afternoon and then the anxiety starts all over but i do feel great in the mornings..

Dee74 06-26-2010 01:30 PM

congratulations on your week Alex - it can be difficult but it's so so worth it :)

D

alexvt 06-26-2010 01:31 PM

IrishEyes88, Good luck let me know if you have any other ques about 1 week.

XO- beth

Fandy 06-27-2010 08:51 AM

congrats Alex, the normal sleep should come soon and with that more energy.

CarolD 06-27-2010 08:57 AM

:funjump: