Notices

26 days and all the benefits

Old 06-26-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking 26 days and all the benefits

I am on day 26. I have to express this so I know i've said it and recognized it and can look back on this post and responses on a hard day....

26 days sober. I sleep so much better. No longer tired/ sluggish during the day and wanting a nap. Up at 7 am usually and ready for work or just a day off.

I am becoming more honest every day. The other day, I was pulling out of my parking spot and looking at my phone at the same time. I hit a parked car (minor scratches but enough to notice>) Normally would have been scared about my husband's reaction, blurred by hangover, I would have lied. I didn't. Told him the truth, "I hit a car." He was not angry and I was clean from the truth. If he had been angry, I feel like I would have been able to manage it.

Anxiety is less, weight loss from refraining from useless calories.
My spiritual life was very important before but now even more clear and available to me. I have more patience. Physically, my stomach problems have gone away. Had a wisdom tooth pulled. Able to take antibiotics without worrying about them not working because of drinking....

Found a better, higher paying job because I sat down and worked hard on my resume.

paranoia is less. can answer the phone clearly after 6 p m . Feel like i have less secrets. Freed up some judgment that I carry about myself which has helped me to see how I quietly judge others but do not acknowledge this to myself.

One drawback/challenging situation:

Within the next month, I have TWO weddings to attend, one that i will be a bridesmaid in. Not worried about others pressuring me to drink, worried about "rewarding myself and having JUST A COUPLE." I have not yet developed a plan though I am thinking about how to handle it.

I have found that there are more reasons to say sober than to drink.
Thanks for all the support. Here's to another day and continued effort and sobriety! I never thought I would make it this far....am looking forward to my one month mark.....

Thank you, SR. It's such a comfort and a place of wise advice. Thanks for the ongoing support.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How cool, I am also 26 days today...congrats to both of us!
I echo all of your sentiments right down to having a couple of trips this summer that I am really stressed about. I am so happy that you are seeing the benefits of sobriety. Make sure you post before the weddings so we can all give you support!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats price and onestepforward on 26 days! We do recover.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Great job by both of you! That first month can be a doozy.

One thing I've figured out is that I used to find any reason I could to drink. Now I don't believe there's any reason that could make me drink.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

One thing I've figured out is that I used to find any reason I could to drink. Now I don't believe there's any reason that could make me drink.
Very well put. I feel the same way.

Congrats on reaching nearly a month. Isn't it nice to feel good again?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Congrats and nice list.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Many, many congratulations! What an accomplishment. Keep it up!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Congratulations, Price!

Don't let the weddings bother you. I found that watching other make fools of themselves (instead of me for a change) gave me strength to keep my sobriety.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on heading towards that 30 Price and onestep
If you want some help with a wedding plan you're in the right place Price

D