Notices

Irritability

Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Irritability

Hi everyone. Today made 7 days without alcohol for me. I'm grateful. Hate to complain but I have been feeling so irritable today. I snap or jump to conclusion for little to no reason. I also have been feeling very tense. Is this normal at this stage of the game? I could tolerate it better if I thought it wasn't affecting my family but my moodiness does affect them. The only thing I can relate it to is withdrawl or craving for alcohol. Any suggestions on how to deal? Thanks everyone and I hope all is well with you all tonight.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Read around stayingstraight- it's very normal
Congratulations on yr week

D
Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I had the same irritability for about 2 weeks and then it started getting better. The link that Dee put up on PAWS really helped me to see it was a part of the process. I had all kinds of symptoms (relatively minor, thank goodness):
brain glitches (like losing a second or two of real time), forgetfulness, insomnia, confusion, clumsiness, irritability, headaches...... and I know there were others, too. All those things have pretty much gone away.

Everyone has a little different story, but I think irritability is a pretty common symptom. Hang in there!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's definitely tough for awhile, I felt very fragile even after once gaining three months of sobriety. Personally, I did not realize that I was depressed, and that irritability is a symptom- and way before I ever drank, I could be described as irritable. So now I have been addressing that issue.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SS

I would drink cokes or something very sweet. It helps with the suger withdrawal. It does get better over time. Try and get plenty of sleep. Going to bed on time helps..

AG