Notices

end of day 4- anxiety is nuts

Old 06-25-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

end of day 4- anxiety is nuts

man
i thought by now i would be better. i guess all of the things going on in my life, my daughters addiction and expensive rehab, my wife and son (and our dogs) moving to help out to be with my wifes 90 yr old mother may be causing it. i never thought the 'empty nest syndrome' would include only me, might get a dog or two..... my head feels like a steam pot ready to explode. maybe i am better some but not too much. hopefully tomorrow is the hump. this is the first day i thought for one second to drink a beer, but i took some deep breaths and thought about the pain i have been through so far...so it was only for a second. my eyes even hurt? still not hungry but trying to eat something every now and then, usually crackers or chicken soup. anyway....
catch you all later
dub
Old 06-25-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you have more than enough going on to explain the anxiety, Dub.

I know it's easy for me to say, but try and deal with the most important things first...it's not a race and no-one expects you to be Superman.

Keep in touch with your Dr. if you haven't been already, ad keep up the good work staying sober

D
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks man
i think i might go to bed and watch tv- or maybe just enjoy some silence. appreciate your support very much.
dub
Old 06-25-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Dubs)))

That sounds like a good idea. Get some rest. Let things work out. Eat when you can, drink lots of liquids and try to relax. You're in my thoughts.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 06-25-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Just to let you know. Today is day 6 for me and the anxiety has FINALLY started to subside. Keep it up it's getting better Thank God! Trust me if you drink you'll just have to start the process over. i'll let you know how i feel tomorrow..

Sleep Well
Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There was all sorts of craziness going on around me when I first stopped drinking : my family is what I mean.

I lay in bed and stared at the wall; I cried; I didn't sleep; I thought Forces Were Aligning Against Me / paranoia. I started to have moments of anxiety / anxiety attacks.

I did the right thing by stopping drinking. But I didn't just snap to action when I stopped.

There was a definate period of time where I was out of commission because I WASN'T drinking.

But after a while, I adjusted. And I could start to think about the people in my life; and I could start to think about how to help them.

I did need that limbo period of stopping though, and I was useless. I was more effective when I drank for god's sake! But that gray limbo period was worth it, because it was followed by a clear blue skied period.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

6 Days down!

Finally today was a little less anxiety riddled! Thank God! Thought i might not make there for a minute! Finally think i took a turn for the good instead of freaking out all day!

For all of you struggling with Anxiety in first week, if it is getting better for me it can get better for anyone!

Keep on keeping on!

Much Love- Alex
Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there dubs...
Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Dub, Stay strong friend. You absolutely have every reason to be going through the anxiety.

What I will say from my experience is that the anxiety does pass and that drinking will not help it.

When I quit Dub after my relapse......man I was rockbottom. I pretty much had EVERY reason to drink and to give in but I didn't. It was literally in the darkest hour that I dumped the booze and held tight. I was alone, depressed, panic attack ridden and really couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I didn't drink because I had been doing that for years and knew how uncontrollable my life had become.

I would lie to you if I said now at 71 days of sobriety that all of my problems in life are "fixed." No they aren't but through sobriety......I relearned (yes I had to teach myself again) self worth and acceptance of things that are beyond my control. Through sobriety, I could see clearly that my divorce, severed ties with all of my family, loss of friendships and bad things that happened to others around me WERE NOT caused by me nor were my responsibility to fix.

Its hard for me to put into words the peace I have with myself and those around me because I got sober.

Maybe this would sum it up best. I got pi$$ed off that I was beating myself up with the bottle for things that were going wrong in my life and I wanted to stop the pity party.

Huggs to you friend and please stay sober one day at a time and work your recovery. Only through sobriety can you make any difference.

God Bless and keep posting. We are here for you.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Dub. Keep The Faith.

Peace
Old 06-26-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Dub - Get some funny movies to watch. After benzos, its the next best thing for anxiety and obsessive thoughts.

Be patient, things will get better.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The anxiety does get better, altho considering all you're going thru it's understandable to still be feeling so antsy. It WILL go away, and if not, see your doctor. Whatever you do, DON'T DRINK!!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Good work Dubs. Once you start feeling better, immerse yourself in some sort of program of recovery (even if it's online or in book form).

I had to do something, anything, everything different...especially in those first few days/weeks.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

congrats on staying strong and devoting what little energy you have to your daughter....i think once she is settled in a rehab, your anxiety will subside a bit....it is tough when your family is going in different directions and you need a routine.

keep a light diet and your appetite will return soon...soup is good because it easily digests...try for a vitamin and b-complex with it if you can....maybe some ice cream?...remember that you are getting stronger every day and you ARE healing your body.