Notices

Two Tests in Two Days....Including a BBA! (Day 15)

Old 06-25-2010, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two Tests in Two Days....Including a BBA! (Day 15)

Well I've made it to Day 15......

My daughter's school Summer Fair is tomorrow and the school says each year that if they take a bottle in for the bottle stand on the Friday (today) they can go to school in their own clothes. Each year I send her in with a bottle of wine - usually because that gave me a legitimate reason to buy three for £10 and keep two for myself. I didn't want to buy any wine myself simply because I made myself a promise that I wouldn't. Luckily a friend who rarely drinks had a bottle in her car outside work. Someone had given it to her as a thank-you and she didn't want it - so that was sorted. But then, oh...my....??????...... I had no idea how just having that bottle around would play on my mind - but it did. Anyway I managed to pass this test and dispatched daughter off with the satanic bottle this morning!

Anyway - it makes me think that tomorrow will be an even bigger test. I am hosting a BBQ at my house and am expecting about 30 people. I WILL NOT drink but I think I am going to need LOTS of help. This will be the biggest test to date - my first social occassion on the wagon. I think I'm going to keep the laptop on in my bedroom and I'll dash up here for some support any time I feel like I might cave in. (Deep breaths). This is the most worried I've felt since day 1
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

BBQs are a test alright! I used to love drinking beers and getting into the zen state of grilling. Of course, the social aspect would also cause me to drink more...

Keep the computer on and in your room. We'll be there to support ya, but I believe you can do it. Just don't drink that first drink...it's not worth it.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mf150 View Post
the zen state of grilling.
Fabulous!

And thanks!