Notices

81 days, bring on 90.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

81 days, bring on 90.

81 days dry now. Thanks guys for all the support.
can't believe i've made it this far. but every day since day 76 or so, has been a bit of a struggle. I get daily cravings, but thanks to the idea of timing them, i now know they are temporary, and I have control over them (cravings, not the drink). Its also a great feeling to be able to go on holiday, weekends away and not worry about having a drink available and getting withdrawal symptoms, etc. Hell, if i've gone nearly 3 months without, than I can sure as hell just handle 1 nights.

anxiety and sleeplessness were big triggers to my drinking before. The anxiety is much more manageable now, and I feel much more validated by this sense of empowerment i get from over comming these daily cravings.
We've had really hot weather here the last 2 days. I havent slept more than 2 hours a night, and have worked continuously during the day, with no naps. today, i'm surviving on espresso. And you know what? right now, I feel groggy, tired, irritable, restless, bored, fatigued; exactly as I would if I'd gone on a bender the night before, minus the guilt of course. So much for alcohol helping me to relax! more evidence to take with me against having another drink ever.

hope i make it to ninety days! cant wait
Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

way to go, pricey!! Look forward to seeing your post for 90 days! I know what you mean about those yucky days (can't sleep, irritable, anxious, etc). In sobriety we call them "bad days," but while drinking we just called them "normal." Yikes!!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Don't 'hope' you can make it to 90 days....DO IT! And do it like you said....one night at a time.

I hear you on the anxiety becoming better with sobriety. It took me a long time to realize that....and now, I get to grow from that. It always changes, doesn't it?!

In sobriety we call them "bad days," but while drinking we just called them "normal." Yikes!! Artsoul.....I loved this comment!

On to 90!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Let's not have any of this "hope I make it" stuff. You will.

However, you need some sleep. If you don't get proper rest it affects your thinking process much like alcohol, and probably is prompting a lot of these cravings. Do what you can to get some decent rest for a few nights. You'll feel much more in control.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Pricey!!!! Congrats on your sober time and how far you have come. Looking forward to your continued journey my friend. Good stuff
Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things kinda clicked into place for me around 90 days Pricey - you will do this!

D
Old 06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ninety days isn't far off from where you are now. You'll make it, a day at a time you'll make it!