Notices

4 days

Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days

Hi i am new sort of been trying to post for 4 days now and just now figured it out, my brain is scrambled eggs.
Ok so i've been drinking for 25 years, am 39 now, have 9 1/2month old baby.
I did not drink while pregnant but then went to 3 to 4 times a week after she went to bed.
Can't keep up with her and hangovers, so have finally decided it's time to grow up. It's not about me anymore.
Having my own little freak out party right now from anxiety, the house is full of great wine, have no desire to drink any of it just want the anxiety to go away. Have xanax was taking 1mg a day decided to 1/2 that 4 days ago and have done so, so thats prob adding to the anxiety. Just stopped paxil and ambien 2 months ago. I want it all out of me!
For the future of my baby!
Thats all for now, going to go try and drink my 10th glass of chamomlle tea, wish me luck getting thru this anxiety filled night!
This is my first attempt of every reaching out for help..
Thanks for listening!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi alexvt

Welcome to SR

Have you seen a Dr? I think that's often a good idea - particularly if you're on other medication.

Recovery groups like AA/NA can be helpful too. Support is pretty important, whever you can find it...

And, of course, keep posting here

D
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alex, welcome and so glad you have chosen sobriety for yourself and your little miracle. It does get better friend.

For me......the years of drinking took its toll on me and I began having massive anxiety a few years back.

With sobriety, all panic attacks have stopped and I have very little anxiety. I use breathing and relaxation to handle them. Trust me......sobriety just to stop the anxiety is enough reason for me to celebrate....

Keep posting friend!!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

To avoid confusion, Alexvt's story continues here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ew-member.html

D