Notices

newly sober

Old 06-23-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
taking it day by day

newly sober

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. i'm wikid and i'm 25 and live in texas. my drug of choice is marijuana. and i have been sober for 28 days and counting.Im going to a group meeting and a drug education program. and basically looking for any extra support i can get!!!! after having a relationship with drugs for 11 years lord knows i need some help! well thats me in a nutshell

i'm glad to have found this site and i look forward to getting to know you all

--mcl--
wikid187
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Who Farted?

Hey wikid,

I guess I'll be the first (of many, I'm sure) to say Welcome!! Weed is a tough one to quit, I know, so congrats on the 28 days sober. Keep reading and posting, this site is wonderful for support and knowledge.

See ya soon,

Traid.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Wikid

As someone who also struggled with weed I know it's not easy to give up but it is possible

You'll find a lot of support here too, both in this forum and the substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome!
D
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
taking it day by day

thanks for the warm welcome i've had many other addictions in my days but they were all easy to over come i have been clean from meth and extascy for 5 years, cocaine for 8 but its just pot that has been so hard to get away from but i have to do it most importantly for myself but also i have a 2 year old daughter that i dont want to pass my bad habits down to and the best way to do that is the road to recovery and i'm making my way down it one day at a time

--mcl--
wikid
Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Wikid. Welcome and congratulations on finding the courage to post here. It's great news that you're planning to go to a meeting. I am sure that the face-to-face support will be a wonderful tool you can use to seek recovery. You say you've overcome your problems with some "hard" drugs already and that suggests that you are a strong and courageous person.

Personally speaking, I quit marijuana two years ago although I did smoke a few joints last August during a brief relapse and my alcohol problem was severe until I joined AA six months ago. Anyway, here are three reasons why I am glad I quit marijuana.

1) There is no risk of being arrested, taken to a police station, going to court, being fined and losing my job for using illegal drugs.

2) The paranoia and irritability caused by the drug has gone.

3) My moods are more stable and I do not swing from being high to having a really unpleasant low afterwards. This has led to a huge improvement in my relationships with my friends and family and has improved my reliability at work.

I hope that soon you will find these things become real for you and you will achieve peace of mind as a result.

"Just for today, I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime."
Old 06-24-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
taking it day by day

thank you so much!!!! i am excitedly waiting to feel all three of thoses things. i already feel like my relationships and puncuality is better.

see this all come into focus when my apt was raided due to my ex growing mushrooms and he was aressted and cps took my daughter cause i tested positive for pot i had nothing to do with the mushroom stuff but i was guilty of using pot and man i've let pot get me into trouble. i have a felony record because of it. but i for gave mary jane for that. but weed came between me and my daughter you gots to go. before i gave it up i felt so helpless and weak. Now its almost been a month and i'm starting to feel impowered and strong even with all the classes and cps court and only getting to see my daughter for an hour once a week ( which kills me) even with all that everyday i get a lil stronger. everyday i feel a lil more in control of my life. for the first time i feel like i might actually be growing up a lil bit lol!!!!!!

anyone eles ever feel so weak when they were using and then enlightened and impowered once they got clean

mcl

wikid
Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Marijuana was my drug of choice for a LONG time. The psychological addiction is a tough one.
Quitting marijuana was easy for me, because I started having these crazy panic attacks out of no where and I didn't have much of a choice.
I WILL say that quitting alcohol (even just for 9 days) has brought me a lot of peace in my crazy head, and I know I'm on the right path. It's just a matter of staying on it.
Good luck!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome to SR!