Notices

Anybody solely use this website for their support?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

anything is possible and there are a myriad of ways to recover. SR alone would never be enough for me. My recovery requires a program, face to face fellowship with other addicts, daily spiritual practice, exercise, proper nutrition, laughter, etc....

It encompasses everything i do. Whatever works for another addict i have no opinion about other than "That's freaking great!".
Old 06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bbr

Yes, SR is my sole support. I come here nearly everyday to read and usually read all the messges in this (Newcomers) section. Just hit 7 months and feeling good about it.

BBR
Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 7 here but I was using this site as my sole support - until today. I found I really needed the face to face interaction. I went to two AA meetings today (the first one I went to only had one other person there & I wanted to experience the whole 'group' thing). I dunno how I feel about AA at this point but I can say this: I am a huge internet person (spend lots of time on my computer) and have been met with NOTHING but support and encouragement here.

If you don't need the face to face interactions, then SR is a great place to be.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is my main support, though books have always played a huge role in my life.

I have been here for almost 7 years and was sober for a few years before that. Finding SR and, in particular, meeting women who made me feel welcome, was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Every single time I come here, without fail, I am inspired.