Notices

Found her- she actually called me...

Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found her- she actually called me...

i guess one of the jerks i confronted last night called her. you could say i wasnt in the best of moods. honestly i am glad i didnt do something i regret which could have (almost did) happened...anyway.
she called me and accepted my offer to go to rehab tomorrow-its going to cost a fortune but you cant put a monetary value on life. she is shooting oxys and H probably, definitely oc, subox etc, so this is a big step for her.
my family is moving to the east coast in two weeks...i guess i am having a mini breakdown...my wifes mother is near 90 and they are all going there to be with her- she cant even feed herself. what the crap.
guess its just me for a while! and my daughter when she gets out. i told her she could pick anywhere if she promised to stop...she picked a good one, might need to sell some ****...you could buy a house for that price. a pretty good house... sorry for the burden and seemingly self pity i have now.
i am taking it easy now- my head is still shaking and my eyes are 'fluttering'?? but i think i am ok. catch you all later.
still just me
dub
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so glad that your daughter called you and that she is going to rehab.

Dub, you need to stay strong and sober. Your daughter needs you now like she never has before.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Agree with Anna totally. You have to be strong for her Dub.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Good news Dub - what's your plan for not drinking today?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i will try harder than anything i have ever tried. but i am not strong now. think i have slept maybe 12 hrs in the last 3 days. but i am solid and so motivated to get her on track. hope one of the jerks doesnt come over to have a 'conversation'. going to lock up and take a nap to avoid that. catch you later, but doubt if i can sleep.
Peace and Love to All of You
dub
Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
Good news Dub - what's your plan for not drinking today?
dont have one
Old 06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Dubs))))

So glad to hear your daughter is found and going to get help. I'm sure you will join in for the Family Days. Now would be a good time to get back into AA! You're going to need all the support you can get and all the tools you can get in recovery!

I'm so happy for you! Get some good rest and take care of YOU!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dedubya, well done for putting in the effort and getting your daughter into rehab no matter what the cost. I hope if I ever become a father that I have even half of the strength that you've shown so far through this whole ordeal.

For the moment I think the main priority is getting your daughter into rehab and after that you can look at yourself. While she is in rehab some of the stress might lift and you can then lead by example in cleaning yourself up.

Good luck with all off this Dedubya, you deserve a lot of respect.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you feel immense relief once you get her into a program. she wants to stop(i hope) and become a happy adjusted young woman.

you have a lot on your plate, i think you will think more clearly with a good night's rest. if any of her jerky *friends* come by, do not mess with them, leave it for the police.

pressure like this makes it hard to devote time to yourself, but you deserve to treat yourself to good health too.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Dub. No advice from me other than keep strong and keep the faith. I can;t imagine how hard it must be seeing a daughter shooting drugs and hanging with that crowd.

I just hopes for your sake that she has truly reached the point where she wants it and is willing to go to any lengths to get it.

Keep posting and reading on SR and also think about going back to AA mate. AA and the fellowship is great for situations like you're going through now as there is real support and maybe other parents who have been through the same or similar things with their kids.

Whatever you do try to keep sober 'just for today'. I'm not preaching but in my experience I couldn't cope with getting out of bed when I was drinking, let alone life.

All The Best man . Peace
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Relieved to hear this news, Dub. Maybe things will start to look up for you and your daughter.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am happy and relieved for you that she wants to get help. As was said, get her taken care of and then come home and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! Don't make me come over there and give you hell...

Take care of her and then get yourself sober! You're going to need a clear head to deal with this. (((hugs)))
Old 06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep us posted... Maybe having to be there for your daughter after rehab will get you motivated. She'll need a safe alcohol and drug free home to come back to you... I know you want to provide that... You love her... I know what a father's love for his daughter feels like... It's a wonderful thing and beats the hell out of drinking or getting high.

Mark
Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Looks like your search was not fruitless... Wish you the very best for you and your daughter