Notices

humbled

Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

humbled

today i am humbled. i am grateful. i want to keep going. i have to.
still having such bizarre dreams and all about USING. I guess it is my mind wrapping itself around trying to be sober. Dreaming about it is better than doing it in real life.

I will make it through today and tonight. thanks to this forum and to my higher power. i know i must reach out. i did yesterday to a friend and was recharged and humbled and painfully honest. that's what I need. a swift kick in the a.. at times.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi price..........ur strength so far is amazing.........hope u can feel all the hope returning now
Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I continue to have dreams about using alcohol and it has been over 2 years since I had a drink. Those dreams can knock one a little off kilter, me anyway. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I slipped. I also have had dreams about smoking cigarettes for over a year and it always seems so real. The dreams are becoming less frequent as time passes.

Take care.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im not drinking.......almost a month now. but the dreams!!!! i wake feeling hungover and disorientated. pick up the dream right from where i left off......never seen myself pick up the glass yet, just see myself slimped in the floor unable to make rational conversation.

i hope ur doin ok price......sending u my best wishes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Good job price!

I too, have been humbled by sobriety and my downfall into it.

Keep up the good work. It does work for us if we work for it.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Using/drinking dreams are fairly common for us all for a while bedbear and price...try not to let them bother you too much

D
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The only dream I've EVER had about drinking is when my (deceased) Dad came to me in my dream. He died when I was 6 and I've only dreamt of him a handful of times, each time having meaning.

In this dream, he showed me a pile of empty wine & liquor bottles and told me that I needed to be more careful, because if I didn't watch myself, those empty bottles would be the end of me. That dream came to me almost 2 years ago. I didn't listen. Until now...
Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

wow, eleanor - that's really cool..... and so great that you're now getting sober!

Keep up the good work, price! It's good for me to remember to be both humble and grateful, instead of getting caught in negative ideas and fears. Thanks for the post - it reminds me that I have to bring new thoughts to mind in order to stay sober!