Notices

What caused you to stop drinkin and why?

Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Dui #2 in '05 didn't do it

house arrest, in-home breathalyzer, in-home video (to make sure it's me blowing the .000) wasn't enough

Dui #3 in '06 had me thinkin mayyyybe........maybe I should slow down

24 hour monitoring SCRAM alcohol tether for 9 months got me to finally stop drinking

AA helping me find a power greater than myself has kept me "stopped."
Old 07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

What? Drinking a 750 bottle of Bacardi...
Why? I left a message on my parents answering machine that i dont remembr and destroyed a nice flat panel TV. Caused me to realize I was out of control and that I really did not like who I was at that point in time.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did nothing for so long I nearly went too far.

I didn't want to die.

I didn't want to live that way either - it was so bad I thought nothing could be worse - even sobriety.

Now I'm living the life I used to dream about.

If I can get here from there, anyone can
D
Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Realized Ive had a problem for quite a while now . This month and a week is my longest sobriety stint since sixteen. I think now because I've lost friends , ruined relationships , and just had enough . My last episode left me driving drunk ( even past some cops which scared me) and went to a "friends" house and took a high dose of 2cb and I had to work the next day . Felt so irresponsible as I was still slightly tripping at work.

I just want to be the person I am when sober , a person I can be proud of.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

sick of being-
on the merry go around..going nowhere except DOWN ..all for a liquid?
tired of constantly fighting to control it
the worsening depression,anxiety, brainfog, lack of motivation,loss of self respect and that of children
being impulsive,compulsive,REPULSIVE
Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

well first time i stopped was my bf left for 6 month and I was alone. So I just did not feel like it, lost weight got healthy, stayed there for 3 month, got a new bf, started drinking, old bf came back kept drinking. Next thing, he went away for 3 month, I stopped drinking stayed sober for 3 month. He came back, I started drinking for 1 year, he left for 4 month, i stopped drinking, he came back I started..... Now I finally kicked him out after 10 years and I stopped drinking, getting healthy and lost weigth.... Finally after 10 years I think I found my trigger....
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Because almost every bad thing that has happened to me in the past five years is because of my drinking. I turn into another person, I black out all of the time, I don't remember who I am anymore. Oh, and I have either been drunk or sick for as long as I can remember. I don't like who I have become...yeah alcohol doesn't equal good times for everybody
Old 07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

For me, my life was in shambles. I wasn't on the street, yet. I was abusing myself and allowing others to abuse me. I abused others and felt worthless. Now I have hope and a mustard seed of faith. Im grateful to be here able to type what I am typing right now.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I quit drinking because I decided that it was time to quit. After 27 years I realized that every bad thing that had happened to me over that time was related in some way to me drinking. My last straw was going through a withdrawal at my sons little league game after a 3 day bender. I had the shakes so bad I thought I was having a stroke because I hadn't drank enough that morning to keep the bender going. I swore to myself that if I got through that day and made it to sleep I would never drink again. So instead of the wife or a family member or the courts telling me to quit or slow down, it was my decision. I owned it and that has made all the difference.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Ellie

I quit drinking when I got arrested for my 2nd dui with my 12 year old daughter in the car. Laying in jail that night I could not believe I would do that to one of my children (I have 3). When I got out of jail the next day I went home. Cried and hugged my 2 daughters and promised them that mom was done drinking. We talked about my drinking. They told me for the first time how they felt when I was drunk. It was the most painful thing I have ever heard.

I am eleven months sober and couldn"t be happier. My oldest daughter will be 15 and do we have good talks about drinking/drug use. And consequences for bad behavior. I believe I am a better parent because of what happened. Thank God that I got the DUI when I did. Could have been later on...which it would have eventually happened...but this way I did not miss bringing up my kids.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Because I like my life better without it.