Notices

And the battle begins...

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family! :ghug3 So many of us have been in your shoes so we understand what you're going thru. It's hard to stop drinking but it's harder on you to keep on drinking. Good for you for going to a meeting. Lots of support there, just like here, only it's 'in person', which can be a big help when you feel all alone.

I'm glad you found us and joined the family!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Galago,

Inspirational post, .......thank you.

Grateful in Carolina tonight.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Galago, I wish I were as brave as you. I am kind of afraid to go to an AA meeting. The only ones I have ever attended were my brothers anniversary meetings and I always get all emotional up at them.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I think it's wonderful that you allowed yourself to feel that kind of emotion at a meeting. It takes so much courage and you probably helped a lot of people just by being there. It's kinda nice to be able to have real feelings again I think, instead of the self-loathing and depression that comes from the bottle.

You should feel so good about yourself today!!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the positive reinforcement!!! Yeah, a coworker said to me today that I looked "light and rested" even though I was totally awake last night after the meeting until 2 am. But I'll take the compliment!

I'm going to go again tonight. If I see some of the people there from last I'll just thank them and let them know that I hope they didn't feel uncomfortable with my little episode.

Overall though I can say that I have had the urge to drink, but the reinforcement I'm getting here on SR and last night at AA is far far far outweighing that urge!!

Good god it was hard to go, but I'm so glad I did.